Feeling Really Bad Today.

jangle

Didn't get to run this morning (running in the morning seems to preemptively diminish POTS symptoms that would have occurred later on)

So I recently got a full time job in an office. Worked there for 2 weeks, managing ok and all.

Today I had to cover for someone who's shift is predominately standing.

First 2 hours I was ok, but then after standing for that long it started to get to me.

My body began feeling flushed and hot. My lightheadedness kicked up, and I just really felt disoriented. At that point I tried sitting down, but I find once my POTS has crossed that line, there's no going back until I've laid down for a while.

Right now I'm just feeling like bleh, and it's so discouraging to have this kick me like it is. I just want to get better so I can live a normal life, but no matter how far I think I go I just can't seem to shake out of this.

Starting a new job is rough. My healthy friends who have gone from unemployment back to work have said the adjustment is exhausting - so imagine how much harder it is on us POTSies!

I worked at home for 2.5 yrs and when I started an office job a year ago (fewer hrs than my home job) I was wiped for at least a month. I couldn't exercise for probably 2 months. About 6 months into the job I increased my Paxil and that helped. At that time when I had to increase my medicine it was incredibly discouraging. The good news is that now my body has adjusted and I CAN exercise or do social things after work. I would say take it easy and allow yourself to ease into it.

I can't run at all (cardio in an upright position) or do anything in the morning before work. On days when I exerise, I come home and crash!

Feel better soon

We watch each other struggle. I know how you feel about wanting a normal life. I was able to cardio 4 days this week and then I just couldn't. Sometimes a little symptoms puts me into a panic as if I'm waiting for the ball to drop and be back to crawling. It's such a mental game. But you're pretty tough, I've read a lot of your posts...followed/stalked your advice and research. I know you're going to have better days ahead. Hang in.

a benzo like klonapin helps a lot of us become functional for longer periods, especially with movement activities. Have you tried that "as needed"? Also, a daily workout in a pool seems to help with pooling and has lasting results.

I sympathyze with work issues, i can only work part time. I cannot do a high stress or heavy lifting 8 hour type job. It really limits my life, but ive reached the "acceptance" stage of the illness.

Yes, Jangle - can wholeheartedly relate. It is so frustrating and tiring. We think we are getting better and something "kicks, our butts". It would be nice to be able to find something that would give long lasting and consistent help. But, so far, I haven't found it.

Just "Hang In There". Know you're not alone and others are right there with you. It's nice to know - we aren't in this alone. But, it would even be nicer if we could find some relief from this.

Issie

Do you know what's happened to Rama? Haven't seen him post in a while.

Ya, I can state the obvious in that it's difficult for POTS people to work jobs that require lots of standing. (lol) I guess the only constructive advice I can give is to find a job that doesn't require standing (for prolonged periods of time anyway) and I do know that Lemons has been able to adapt to it.

Today I'm feeling better.

Haven't heard a whisper from him and we used to talk and e-mail all the time. I only hope he's okay, happy and doing better. I know he has periods of being near normal. So, hopefully, he's gotten back to that point in his life and doesn't have the need to talk to others or feel the need for either support or research.

I do miss him and his input. He has a brilliant mind and remembers nearly everything he reads. (I'm jealous of that.)

Issie

Its seems to happen to us all at some point, we may feel the beginings of feeling that little bit better we feel ready to take on the world, then the next day you can feel awful before you even get out of bed, and know its going to be yet another bad day.But i am sure you will figure out a way around getting through office days like that!