Food Intolerances-- Who Else? Any Advice?

westernmass

I wonder why allergies would appear or worsen due to dysautonomia? Anyone know how reliable the iGg blood test is?

I also dont know if I should stop eating wheat/gluten NOW or continue for the next week in case my dr wants to test for celiac?

My understanding is that its the allergies/sensitivitis that contribute to the dysautonomia not the other way around. If your symptomatic ,you could always call the doc and ask for a lab slip to be faxed over about the celiac and get it done before your visit so you can quit the gluten as soon as you want to. there are a few tests for celiac so look them up to make sure you are getting at least more than one. some have been known to come back false negative, and if you have been off gluten for a while even if you have celiac it will show negative.

antoher poster commented that when your symptoms improve you wont care. this is SO true!

I would like to be tested for food sensitivities. Like many others, I gave up caffeine, alcohol, additives and dyes, dairy years ago. But I do wonder about the things I still eat. So, can any of you post the name of the lab and the type of testing you had done? I don't want skin testing...as another poster said it proved worthless.

. Will go GF if it shows to be a problem. Also, do most of you test positive for Gluten intolerance?

Are the tests accurate?

Thanks

I went to Northampton wellness center in Massachusetts. It's an integrative place and they do a lot of allergy testing/treatment. I think a lot of places do. I had two types of bloodwork, iGg and iGe- one is for immediate reactions the other delayed.

I was negative for two celiac blood tests. I was eating gluten (lots) at the time. I've been off all my allergens/intolerances for a little over a week now. GI issues definitely better but POTS symptoms still there. I've read it can take months to see improvement from GF.

I don't really know at this point, LOL. I'm sticking with it but feel like I keep hitting dead ends with my search for the cause of my pots.

I'm not sure I experience any, TBH. I wanted to get tested bc everything I've read for pots says treat any underlying allergies, and in the past year I've become allergic to my perfumes and my GI issues have been way worse since pots. Nausea, bloating, IBS- none of which I've had before (although I have had intermittent diarrhea for years...sorry TMI!!!).

The allergies that came up were the delayed reaction sort... So that would make sense for the stomach trouble? But these have definitely developed fairly recently so I'm wondering what's going on inside my body! (As we all are...)