Anyone Have Success With Salt Tablets

Sheila1366

I ordered some today for my daughter. Wanted to try this before trying florinef. So far all we are doing is not helping to keep her BP up.

Thanks.

Hi,

I use salt tablets, without them my bp drops between 10-20 points and I black out daily. Although my health is still rubbish salt tablets mean I can get out of bed and get down stairs safely and get more involved in life. I did try florinef but it gave me headaches and migraines, I tried midodrine but that stopped me urinating and gave me gastric distress - a real bummer as midodrine made a massive difference but I would end up being bed bound again from the pain from my abdomen or bladder.

Good luck with the salt tablets to me they have made a massive difference.

Rach

I got a stomach ache from the salt tablets - I think it was the fillers.

I use natural sea salt, either in water or under my tongue followed by water.

It would be nice to have tablets when running errands but I usually just grab a salt packet from a fast food place and put that under my tongue and drink 8 oz of water.

Marti

• 3 weeks later...

My son takes Thermotabs. They are a buffered salt supplement and he also has to take florinef.

I never had much success with salt tablets - I just try to eat a lot of salt on my food and choose salty-type foods to eat.....this becomes problematic when I am admitted to the cardiac floor of the hospital - all they want to serve is "heart healthy" food...aka..no salt....just try and explain to the staff why you need a lot of salt - it's pretty comical! :D