can your A/C make you sick?

geneva

Emily, thanks for your offer but my friend has online subcription to CR and read the article. I checked the website and the manufacturer is not listed so no help there. I have sent an email to the distributor to see if they have any further information. The information is probably good for anyone who has one of these purifiers. I have turned that function off my unit for now.

thanks for sharing this article with me.

The LA Times just did a piece on this today....

I think this link will stay live for the next few hours before it goes into archive subscription only:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-shar...ack=1&cset=true

I have TWO of these ionic breeze air systems and must admit I love them and was crushed to read the possible concerns by CR.

When we had the bad fires last year in southern california the ionic breeze was the only thing that kept me in one piece. Everything smelled like smoke for weeks afterwards -- there was ash in the air, on the ground, it was really icky. I put my two units in my bedroom and was able to have "clean" air in at least one sanctuary in my house.

I'll be following this story closely as well.

EM

after all this, mabey an air purifier isn't the way to go for me, i was going to get one, but mabey, i'll just wait and see.

at least the air here isn't to bad. just the allergies in the summer.

we change our fitlers every month and have a second filter that is washable, done once a month also.

blackwolf