Typical Day?

Kat

-either wake up at 2 am with sleep disorder problems or 7 am feeling "okay" but agitated. Frequently use part of a klonapin dose to feel functional. Ocasionally feel so awful that I use my 02 machine for 20 minutes to feel strong enough to start the day.

-try to eat a health breakfast avoiding any food triggers. Oatmeal, eggs, cereal with silk. No dairy. NO coffee which I crave every day.

-Have trouble getting everything together. Mental fog. Usually leave the house forgetting something i need. Stay busy for about 5 hours which is my usual functioning time before i crash. Maybe grab a nap late afternoon.

-Get up and try to get more done. Pace myself depending on how demanding the task is. Organization is the key to it all. I have to plod along now, but i used to feel like superman.

-do my pool workout at dinnertime. Its my best time of day. I forget i have POTS. Weightlessness

makes me feel like im 15 again. Endorphins flood my body.

-eat dinner around 7. Usually eat too much for a POTS person. Havnt mastered the whole eat 7 small meals a day thing. Avoid chocolate and caffeine. Never drink alcohol anymore. Never eat MSG or aspartame.

-read before bed, strap my cpap hose on, and drift off hoping and begging i dont have a bad night and can wake up feeling ok.