Midodrine - Please Take A Moment To Answer : )

potsgirl

The problem with making conclusions about plasma levels of dopamine or norepinephrine is that high levels in plasma may not correlate with high levels in the synapses where they are active via alpha adrenergic and dopamine post ganglionic receptors. Too much in plasma may suggest faulty reuptake which can result in paradoxical low synaptic levels and over release which can flood and down regulate post ganglionic receptors.

in cfs and some pots there can be signs of low ne and dopamine activity parafoxically with very high plasma levels.

• 5 years later...

I was put in the hospital w chest pain,  shortness of breath n low blood pressure.  Adrenal tests were done,  angiogram,  constant bloodwork. 3 days went home.  Dr prescribed midorine my bp is any where from 90/60 to 60/40. Today I drove 45 miles to see my father.  He described me as speaking n looking tired.  I went to grab him something from the kitchen n started having dizziness,  grabbed hold of the table and started all over body trembling and fell into the floor.  Now,  I have trembling in my legs,  nausea,  pain in abdomen,  very groggy.  Had to get my husband to leave work n drive me home.  I'm already in the single digits in weight n can't afford to loose.  Your thoughts? I'm not thinking this may be right for me. 

Hello @Minny - welcome to the forum 😊! --- Being underweight can cause syncope, low BP, high HR etc. With the abdominal pain and nausea it could be something with your GI tract. Do you suffer from POTS? Have you seen a gastroenterologist? Chest pain and shortness of breath CAN be caused by GI issues as well, i know b/c I am a lifelong sufferer of GI problems. I assume since you were in the hospital they checked your blood work - anything standing out? --- I would definitely see your physician about these issues.