...winter?

So I know lots of us struggle through the heat and humidity of summer. It's been a bit cooler here this past week which is NICE! And has me craving fall. But then I started wondering... Will winter be the new summer? Do people find winter a struggle? Or is it easier in the cold than the heat? What are your experiences?

I think any extremes in temperature set me off, and barometric pressure, too. I ache more in the winter, and tend to be stiffer, but I can't tolerate the heat in the summer either, because of blood pooling and vasodilation... unless there is a pool or ocean near by :) I do like to swim...so I guess Fall and Spring are our best seasons, unless you live in California or Florida...lol :D

Winter is actually worse for me. I'm always freezing so I love going outside during the summer. I do get dizzy if I'm standing in the heat for too long though.

I am a lot less symptomatic in the winter than the summer, but being indoors with heaters and the noticeable changes in pressure bother me. I am dizzy outside in the summer, dizzy inside in the winter. I also tend to have more hyper surges in the winter. I'm not sure why, but I think every time I get even a little virus my immune system goes crazy and my bp shoots up. This is just my theory. :)

I can't tolerate any extremes in weather at all. If I could only find a place where it was 78 degrees with a mild breeze blowing, I'd be sooo happy! Iowa in the fall and spring...But I'm here in Tucson, where I try to stay indoors from April thru September!

Winter is definitely easier for me. I used to be totally symptom free in the winters, but for the past two winters I have experienced more symptoms -- but much more subdued, which is a huge blessing. I have to be careful, though, because any "hot" situation can trigger things; for example, the time I went to a crowded Christmas party and it was about 80 degrees in the room and I was so dizzy I almost didn't make it out of the room; and the time I went skiing and the sun was so bright (sunlight triggers something for me) and I was on my feet way to much and I was sick in bed for many days afterward. Also, I don't thermoregulate well, so I have to be careful to avoid getting too cold. All in all, I'm looking forward to the cooler weather. Hope it works out well for you too, westernmass.

P.S. I lived in western mass for six years and I loved it. Lots of snow and exciting weather!

I love the winter! I can be much more active outside. My migraines are also much easier to control in the winter. I do have to make sure I layer and bindle so that I don't get chilled because once I am cold, it is very hard for me to get warmed up again. I also have to be careful that I don't get damp from my excessive sweating issues, again so that I don't get chilled.

That being said, I think this will be another POTS issue that is very individualized for each person.

Can't take extremes of either direction. I live in FL where the misconception is it is sunny and warm year-round....not so much! North FL is the same as South GA and it can get pretty cold in the winter. I know you folks in the North are probably laughing but, year before last, we had weeks of temps in the 20's - thought I'd freeze to death! Cold kicks up the Raynaud's and my fingers will blanche to white with no feeling - even with warm gloves on. I just can't take the cold. On the other hand, I can't take extreme heat either. When it is 90+ in the shade and the air is as thick as molasses, I go down. I don't sweat so, I cannot compensate for heat. I'm not sure when there is a "good" season - in Florida we have only 2 seasons - hot and cold. Fall lasts about 2 days and Spring maybe 3 or 4 days. You wake up one winter morning and it is 25 degrees - the next morning it is 70 degrees....go figure! You ask someone how they liked the "Fall" and the response is, "what Fall?"