Very Visible Veins Now

This might be totally unrelated. But in the last six months I feel like my veins are becoming more and more visible. I can see most of them from my shoulder to my wrist, the back of my legs, my feet etc.. It's like I have dark blue highways all over me. I've never in my life noticed this (nor have I ever been to body conscious though) I'm native American also, I'm pretty tan. And I don't have a super low body fat. I'm heavy for me

Right now 5'5 and 120lbs.

The first thing I thought of was EDS, but I barely fit the criteria. No one in my family has EDS ... I'm a 2 on the flexibility scale... So I guess it's possible, but I'm thinking probably not. I just don't know why my skin seems to be thinning or my veins are trying to make their way out of my body. I'm finding it so unatractive :(

The veins are my latest symptom that I can't figure out. Worse on my Right side than left and most prominent in my hands not feet. I just asked on another thread what someone's hands symptoms are. Mine seem to pop at the end of the day or when I sit in my car to drive home. Burns a little too. This symptoms started as my BP started to normalize....I will never get used to the uniqueness and patience required for POTs.

Strange! I've always had very visible veins-- all over me! Chest is most noticeable, but stomach and legs sometimes and inner arms. The blue highways comment is something I know all too well. I'm pretty pale, but have been noticing them more on my legs. The one that runs over my ankle creeps me out. Does anyone know if this is coincidence or related to dysautonomia?

Count me in. RIght side more prominent too. If the reynaud's kicks in you can see all the veins in my hands and fingers too. It's creepy looking. I have extremely pale skin and it is very translucent. Finding a vein is never difficult, it's getting the vein to cooperate that's the hard part! I have the bulgy vein over my ankle too. It's one more of those things that I have just accepted about this illness. The weird stuff that doesn't fit. Interesting that we all have a similar experience.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same thing on certain parts of my body. I remember one time I was laying on our couch and the sun was shining in on me..and I guess I had an itch on my hand or something..but when I lifted it to scratch, I noticed that in the sun, everything was see-through! You could see so many veins that I never even noticed before. It was so weird..I guess that's what people mean by 'translucent skin'. I've never been tested for EDS but I definitely have a lot of the symptoms.