Does Weather Exacerbate Your Symptoms?

joyagh

I live in the pacific northwest and I notice that I feel much worse with the lower pressure weather systems (which we have most of the time) and in humidity. When we have high pressure I feel so much better, though still symptomatic I find it's much milder. I'm moving to Colorado so I wonder if my symptoms will improve there with the dry conditions. I felt better when I was there visiting even in the heat. I even get a temporary chest cough in the low pressure and/or humidity.

Has anyone else noticed this connection between weather & symptoms?

Oh boy! Does it! Low pressure is the worst for me too. I have said in the past it's almost like high pressure systems act like a full body compression stocking for me. I also have a really hard time during the change from high to low or low to high pressure. If they system sticks around a few days then my body will readjust. But, since I live in MD, it isn't often that the weather stays the same for several days in a row. I often wonder if that is why my symptoms are so variable from day to day and even from morning to night.

Im in the UK and on those cloudy, damp, stiffling days my migraines are worse and i feel generally worse! I actually feel better in the sun becuase then my my feet are no longer blue and like ice blocks and i just have more energy, however if that balance is tipped just ever so slightly to being too hot (as much as i love the sun and the heat and the beach) it can cause more headaches...and other problems..

i think i am in the wrong country if damp weather doesnt suit, can i come and live with any of you guys please?I wont be a pain..

I moved from Michigan to Arizona back in 2000 for work, but I picked it because of the relative number of days of stable weather. Yes it's hot, and I don't tolerate that well right now, but most of the year it's great. I notice every monsoon though as the humidity increases and the storms start up, I feel worse. I wish I could afford the san diego area. The moderate temperature is so helpful. But the changes in pressure are horrible on me, and on my kids autism too!!! Holy cow, on the stormy days they are out of control! I hope your move helps you.