Anybody Have Shortness Of Breath And Nausea After Eating?

I just started getting shortness of breath and nausea after eating anyone get this? Anyone know why or what causes it?

Nausea after eating can be gastroesophegeal reflux (GERD)...and GERD can be worsened by beta blockers. Severe GERD can sometimes cause wheezing, but that doesn't sound like what you are describing. If the shortness of breath is more mild it might be irritation to the diaphram (from the GERD).

I have had it happen. It happened a ton before I got on my regime of 20mg of pepcid twice a day and my hydroxyzine. I get that super full feeling right away and then the nausea... it's almost like I can feel it moving through the upper portion of my digestive tract. I also use zofran for nausea, but I have not had to take near as much since I got on the pepcid. Definitely talk to your doc before starting anything, reflux can be a sign of a lot of things that are going on in the GI tract and you don't want to mask something that's serious.

Yes. I'm almost to the point where I cant eat a meal in a restaurant. Even if I don't eat the whole thing and I order fairly healthy the amount is too much and the post-bran dial reaction is debilitating. Either I need to learn even more self control or stop eating out all together. My SoB is worse than nausea and my pre syncope, fatigue is as bad or worse than SoB. Have noticed this more recently - perhaps the summer heat plays a role.

Yes, I hate that feeling. I've started to hate eating in general.

I get both nausea and very SOB after eating. My doctor posited that it's from too much blood being diverted to the abdomen to process the food. The blood causes the nausea and the lack of blood causes the SOB because you're not getting enough oxygen to your lungs. I try to eat smaller meals (he suggested 6-8 per day) and avoid white flour and complex carbs that take more work to process. The smaller meals makes a noticeable difference.

• 2 weeks later...