Tight Clothing

So I know compression stockings and abdominal binders can sometimes help.

I seem to be in the opposite. Tight clothing of any kind really makes me feel worse. It's gotten to the point where I can't button the top button on a collared shirt. Having a tie on or even rolling up my is bad as well.

I bought a pair of shoes that was apparently a size too small and had the same feeling.

Can anyone relate? Can anyone speculate on what would cause this or what it might indicate about me?

I am the same. I can't even tolerate resting my hands across my abdomen. I am immediately nauseous by any abdominal pressure. I can't tolerate when the hairdresser puts the cape even close to tight around my neck. A tight sock or shoes tied too tight hurt immediately. I am very strange and also learning to be ok with my strange body

My son almost felt bad with the abdominal binder. He never wears jeans, only sweats and shorts with really lose elastic so they don't stay around his waist. I've never asked about his neck, but he doesn't like collared shirts. He does turn red when his shirt rubs his neck, but I chalked that up to his mast cell issue.

Christy

I am the same. I can't even tolerate resting my hands across my abdomen. I am immediately nauseous by any abdominal pressure. I can't tolerate when the hairdresser puts the cape even close to tight around my neck. A tight sock or shoes tied too tight hurt immediately. I am very strange and also learning to be ok with my strange body

Getting a hair cut is the WORST. Between my noise intolerance and the cape around the neck, it's brutal. It's enough to make me consider a buzz cut just to get it over with faster, but this last time I realized even the noise of the clippers buzzing in my ear really bothers me.

I've learned to deal with my strange body as well (last hair cut I just got hair all over me instead of having the cape tight enough), but would love would day to not have to deal with all this nonsense.

I have issues with various clothing now too. I know this isn't a problem for you, but I can't wear a regular bra anymore. I have to wear a long line that is more like a camisole because the bra band being tight around the middle of my torso started making me have acute POTS attacks 2 years ago. I was crazy. Some days I can wear jeans and some days I can't stand them (this is new since POTS). And, some days my compression stockings are a God-send and other days I have to get them off because they actually bring on nausea and dizziness. I don't know for sure, but, I would conjecture that my reaction to these things varies with my state of vasoconstriction/dilation and my bodies ability at that moment to self-regulate. When I am fatigued, I have a much lower tolerance for tighter things on my body.

Yes, I cannot tolerate collared shirts or heavy necklaces anymore, along with sitting down in jeans or even my bra line hurts as well, later in the day. But, I can tolerate thigh high compression stockings, spanx-type high-waisted biker short things and even some neoprene abdominal binders at times. We are so weird, huh?