Dizziness when i roll my neck

guvna2004

Anyone get dizziness when they roll there neck? In rolling your neck i mean like the excersise you do to stretch you neck muscles, roll your head in a circle around your sholders. I do this twice and i feel dizzy, i only noticed it when i took up an excersise program, the dizziness goes after 5 or so seconds. The longer i do it for the longer i feel dizzy. Just did it 5 times and went really dizzy.

I crack mine all the time too. However, I have got a terrible neck from my muscle problems related to inflammation from my Lupus/Rheumatoid Arthritis/Connective Tissue Disease (leaning heavily towards Lupus, but I am including all), so my neck causes me constant problems. I get very dizzy if I tilt my head back or roll it, I think we all do. It is too difficult for our brains to compensate for the rapid change in posture and then there are also changes in blood flow to the brain when you move the head in certain ways. I think we all have postural responses and that is why they call it Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia- change posture=illness, but that is my interpretation.

Leah

When I first attended a yoga class the instructor had us do a neck roll and I immediately felt a "snap" and severely pulled a muscle. A week later I read in a book that neck rolling can and does often cause more damage than benefit particulary for people recovering from an injury or chronically ill. I would stay away from the rolls -- it was painful for me for weeks!