Does Any One's Neck Make A Clicking Grinding Popping Sound?

I no longer have it, but i wanted to find out if its something others have had are have now, and why.

When i got pots back in feb 2012 i woke up dizzy and my life took a nose dive from that day.

i rember for the next 4 months i had this grinding clcikng in the top part of my neck close to my skull i was sure at the tiime it was why i was dizzy and the pots stuff. my Dr told me no.

snap crackle pop

Yes, when I turn my head, I often hear a "click". But not sure its related to POTS. I did have a bad pain in my neck for a few days before my POTS started, but somehow I think it is coincidence. If it isn't and all I need is a neck adjustment, that would be pretty sad....

Yep, I have/had the grinding and popping noises. Around the time my POTS began, I had some major neck popping randomly. It would sound like someone was popping one of those packing plastic things(well, it sounded that loud inside my head to me!). I also had that grinding noise, and I remember way back in nursing school when covering orthopedics, they said that is not a good sound. Maybe bone grinding on bone.

But, still here I am. I just really avoid turning my head too much.

I got whiplash in a car accident last July and had more migraines and then sudden onset POTS in last sept. My neck cracks and pops so much now. And it is mostly right sided. Had a chiro adjustment in Oct, same as usual, but felt much worse from then on. Now I just apply a lot of heat etc and try to ignore the noisy neck but do wonder a lot about it as causative/ or contributing to POTS.

When I have a flare I often feel like my head is missing a ligament to my neck. If I go up the stairs (which I can barely do) I feel my head snap back onto my body - like it's floating. Who knows. I have no idea why I have the flaky symptoms I have. My neck has always had crepitus and I could always crack it at will. Sometimes alleviates a few symptoms, most times just improves headache.

• 5 weeks later...

Wow amazing you should bring this up...when I first became ill in 2010 I had the snap ,crackle, pop...whenI would try to turn over in bed my neck was popping like crazy..I also had crackling noises in my head, still have that. The neck poppingis better but I am not. What is the link here????? I wish I could figure something out.

Angelloz

Around the time I got sick my neck started hurting. Top right, at the very base of my skull. Feels like something is wrong there. I have always cracked my ankles and back - but not my neck. However since this started I often have the feeling that I need to crack my neck- sometimes it does which always feels better immediately an often it just kind of feels stuck, almost swollen but no heat or other signs of swelling. The neck pain makes it hard to sleep.

Yea I have a grinding sensation in the top right part of my neck close to the skull. I used to be able to just get a popping sound like when you crack your knuckles, this was before I injured my neck. A few months after the injury I suddenly got sick and have been since. So yea neck issues might have something to do with pots just don't know how to fix it.

It would be nice if we could get something confirmed in some of us. If so many of us have neck issues, looking closely into it might show a trend of something, huh? I'm on a roll this year getting things looked at, so I might just have to ask someone. I'm NOT into having chiropractic manipulations, but I have to admit they seem to spot things better than conventional doctors. Maybe I need to make an appointment with one just for a consult and get an opinion on the cervical vertebrae and how the cranium sits.

even pots without eds this is common from what I understand. Dr. Driscoll has an interesting theory about high intracranial pressure causing this and suggests trying a soft cervical collar when you sleep, if that helps, than a prescription of diamox she recommends. Its a pretty interesting topic and what she suggests makes sense to me.

To further explain her theory, she is saying that at night the intracranial pressure causes our kneck muscles to tighten in order to protect our brainstems, which in turn pulls down on scull just enough to cause "cranial setting" which in turn causes intracranial pressure to spike. She suggests using a collar to avoid the skull from being pulled down.

When i had wrist surgery back at around age 30 my orthopedist told me thats about the age where the ligaments in your neck start to make that popping noise. Its very unsettling at first, but im 50 now, so im used to all the aches and pains and stiffness of various body systems.

Hopefully thats what your situation involves.