Aortic Regurgitation Poll And Possible Pots Link (Eds, Ank, Arthritis, Lupus...)

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm always intreged when i come across something like this where it can be caused by a bunch of illness that some of us have in common besides POTS, like EDS.

Theses illness all can cause Aortic Regurgitation (AR)

AR can cause:

Widened Pulse Pressure

• Palpitations, often described as the sensation of having forceful heart beats, due to widened pulse pressure with hyperdynamic circulation

• Shortness of breath, which may not worsen with exertion in the early stages due to compensatory tachycardia with shortened diastole

• Chest pain, if LV end-diastolic pressure compromises coronary perfusion pressure gradients

Rich,

I did have an echo, but it showed no regurgitation.

If you don't mind, could you please post the source of the info you mentioned in your message. I'd be interested to read more.

Thanks,

Alex

Me, too! There were several findings, MVP, Tricuspid regurg, and aortic regurg...all trace to mild. But, the only one mentioned to me was the mild MVP and that there was nothing that needed to be done. I wouldn't have known except I asked for a copy of the report to send to the geneticist for a new patient screening. I don't think I'm in major jeopardy, but it would have been nice to know given the cat and mouse game we've been playing trying to find a dx for me.

• 10 months later...

I have mild aortic regurgitation and suspected EDS and MCAD. I started the MCAD cocktail three weeks ago and feel like I'm making some small improvements. As far as the aortic regurgitation, at this point mine isn't serious enough to worry about. Thanks for posting this! Very interesting!

I just dug out that echo from 2007 and I actually have "trivial regurgitation" in all of the valves. Dr. Shen (at Mayo) didn't seem to think it was serious enough to worry about. I didn't even remember that the echo showed regurgitation in all valves. It's a little surprising to me that doctors don't take this more seriously. It's something I'll push to have monitored. On a positive note, my maternal grandmother has had a faulty valve (not sure which) for most of her life and its never gotten any worse. She is now in her 70s and has had symptoms of severe EDS since her 20s (not diagnosed).