Good News for Once

I want to share with all of you some good news for a change. My daughter just got accepted to the Masters program at London School of Economics. She is thrilled. We are so proud of her.

Monday is a big day for me. I will attempt to go back to work. I have been off since February 3 when I fell into a deep POT pit. I am not so sure this is the right thing for me to do. Retirement is looking pretty good.

It's funny--when you retire because of old age, that's good. When you retire because of disability, that's depressing!

Lois

Guest tearose

That is great news Lois!

I sure hope she made time to celebrate! This is a wonderful accomplishment and you all should be proud and festive!

We need good people in economics. When she is done celebrating... ask her to please get on and solve the problems with the world economy... :o

I am sorry to hear that you are teetering around the potshole. How are you managing? If you are not ready to retire then just wait till you feel stronger, get your self back to the job and do some more time! You may just be so tired right now that you can't imagine how you can get back to work. If you really want to do a little more time on the job, then right now start working to that goal. Small steps...a little exercise, healthier eating, more rest. But see yourself back there. Maybe in a few more weeks you can try returning part time?

On the other hand, if you need to let go...you know what is best and we will always support that!

warm wishes, tearose

Hi Lois,

that's really good news, about your daughter!!! You know we LOVE to hear good news. Congratulations to her!!! London is such a great city, she will love it I think.

I saw in one of your earlier posts that you asked who is using mestinon. Well, I do, since some months now and what I noticed is an improvement in temperature (my temperature got up) which was great because I often felt like cold as being dead and I felt muc better in the car (my husband driving) and in my electric cart: I had much less dizzyness. I also slept much better during the night (wonder where that came from). Unfortunately it seems that my body is getting used to it now because I'm getting cold again and have sleeping problems again. I started using it after I saw your topic about it in which you said you were doing much better. How are you doing now (on the Mestinon I mean)? I'm happy for you to get to work again but'I think you're not sure if you can make it?

Best wishes,

Corina

Guest Mary from OH

Hip hip Hooray!! That's great news!! Go out and celebrate with her if you can.

Also, run away from your potshole!! I think right now there are too many around here that are occupied!! LOL! I hope you're feeling better soon. Personally, I think a lot has to do with the change of seasons.

Lois, congratulations to your daughter! This is a wonderful accomplishment and I know you must be so proud of her.

Take care of yourself as you return to work. I so understand what you say about the reason you retire. When people ask what I do, I say I took early retirement although I don't get my retirement for several more years...but it makes me sound "normal" (LOL). Take it easy and try not to overdo.