Anyone Have Extreme Eye Sensitivity To Light, Computer, Tv Etc......?

I have extreme eye sensitivity to light, computer, tv etc...it makes me dizzy and sick. Just wondering if this will go away after my flare up goes away and any meds help it? Also how do you explain your eye sensitivity symptoms?

Thanks

Pam

Guest headhunter030

Yes, still sensitive to bright lights and certain types of light, but when flare up stopped the real bad sensitivity (tv and computer made me feel like I was oging to vomit) went away.

Yes, light sensitivity was one of my early symptoms. I couldn't go anywhere without sunglasses. I'd say it has lessened over time, but is still an issue. I also have difficulty with the computer, but I think it's trying to focus my eyes on the screen that causes problems, not so much the light coming off of it. I don't experience flares, but constant symptoms - so I don't know if it will go away when your flare up does. Hope so. :)

Absolutely. I have the same symptoms including not being able to focus. At the beginning of a crash, I can't watch any TV or sit at the computer or even look at auto tail lights. It settles down when the flare subsides. One explanation that has been suggested is extra-ocular muscle fatigue.

My daughter has a light sensiivity issue - she hates the first 20 seconds that she steps outside, always shields her eyes and has an instant reaction. We also just learned this week that she cannot tolerate a 3D movie. She had been doing very well for the last month or so, but then put on a pair of 3D glasses to watch an animated 3D movie, and afterwards had a huge crash - dizzy, shaky, very nauseated, and panicky - said she hadn't felt that badly in a very long time. We did our usualy crash-routine, double salt Mcdonalds fries, lots of gatorade and sleep - after a few hours she was back to "normal", or out of crash mode at least. Couldn't figure it out, until she told me she had watched the movie. #lifelesson :)

Checking the box on this one!

I've always been super-sensitive to bright light. I definitely can NOT watch 3D anything or even flat screen tv's. Strobe lights and "disco" lights make me super dizzy and nauseous. Even riding past a row of trees at sunset will trigger it. I haven't found anything that helped other than very dark sunglasses or just closing my eyes (not good while driving!) B)

On the plus side though, I can see shades of color that very few people ever see.

Have the issue with lights too and have to wear sunglasses with certain types of light - especially florescent. And yes, Wal-Mart gives me horrible discomfort. I have had an EEG, but it didn't seem to show positive at the time. But, wonder if there isn't something like that with us all.

Issie

I have been diagnosed with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy.(TLE) ( Complex Partial Seizures ) since 20 years ago. I was diagosed by the doctor who discovered the Seasonal Affective Disorder and he said I have this (TLE) along with Seasonal Energy Syndrome (SES) a diagnosis distinct from seasonal affective disorder, 20 years ago. He sent me to neuro for an EEG which showed TLE and put me on medication for TLE and SES. Then I was fine for 20 years.

When I developed this "dizziness" and trouble thinking etc. 3 years ago, that is relieved by the direct sunlight hitting my eye I though maybe it was this SES seizure disorder. Cognitive difficulty can occur with it.

I went to several Neuro and inpatient EEG was also done. These show multiple continuous abnormal waves.

It was after this that the POTS was identified.

I do not know how these problems tie together and have not yet found a doctor that can explain it.

When in the height of my flare light and noise were very difficult - would get tachy, internal tremors, light-headed, shooting head pain. Had to turn down the brightness on Iphone, computer, and mute TV. Couldn't even hear my daughter's music at all or their voices if arguing. Also smells were intense....had to ask entire house to stop using Bath and Body works, I couldn't tolerate my own shampoo smell, and the girls Abecrombie/Fitch just put me right in bed. Once flare decreased I began to tolerate noise and light in small doses...smells still a problem. Smells were always an issue before POTS but maybe a little symptom that was a precursor. I haven't lit a candle since December. I miss my old life.

Sorry everyone has had this but I am glad i am not going crazy, I have had it for so long 6 months has anyone had it that long?

Relax86 Mine is just like yours and I say everyday how I miss my old life. Have you been bedridden at all with flare ups? Do you faint?

Count me in. Target is to worst! Even sunglasses don't help the dizziness & nausea from the florescent by lighting.

I've had it for 2+ years, so unfortunately it may last a while. Mine is all the time - not just during flare ups.

(null)

Hippy chic ~ I was bedridden for just a short period. And yes I faint but haven't since Feb. I have pre-sycope...but I can tell when it's happening and either drink or sit or both. It still shocks and scares me. The more I move the better the outcome, meaning it doesn't feel good when I'm pushing thru some symptoms but my outcome is that symptoms are reducing overall. Most of the light and noise sensitivity has diminished (not totally gone) and noticeable only on days I feel more flared. The smell is my biggest sensitivity. I believe it can get better....I have to believe. Good luck all.