Dr. Charles Randall “Randy” Thompson

I called for my appointment in May and 1st available was July.... My appointment was at 1:00 and I didn't get through until 5:00 He's been swamped with new patients since the video hit youtube. He was like "I don't know how I ended up on that youtube" lol... so funny. He sees patients M - Th and has to reschedule when he feels bad. Basically, I'm guessing it would be hard to get in because of the waiting list unless there was an unusual cancellation. Hey, I hate what the tourists have done to Destin. I remember in college when the stores were boarded up in the winter!! :D Sadly, the quiet little fishing village got taken over by developers and it takes an hour to go a mile down the road. Most beautiful beaches in the US, though and my body loves that salty air!

Thanks for the info McBlonde. (I posted a question about getting in to seeing Dr. Thompson on the wrong thread line. :) )

Destin has become quite the tourist place these days, but I still enjoyed seeing it again. It is beautiful there. It is so humid though. I go to Hawaii most of the time now - hubby works over there and it's something we do at least once a year. I like Hawaii too, but for beaches - you can't beat the Gulf of Mexico beaches. It's scary having to deal with the hurricanes there though. I don't miss that about the place. I like some humidity, but not that much.

Issie

Targs, he really takes time to look at each case in depth and my assumption is that his med protocol is a bit different for each Pt. He reviewed with me a list of common meds prescribed for POTS (ie: beta blockers, benzos, volumeizers, etc. And shared pros and cons of each. Depending on your case one type may be better than another.) he also emphasizes nutrition, rest and exercise (if you can tolerate it) He's a big believer in not changing too much at once- one at a time so you can see what best works for you. That said, he sent me home w a couple of new scripts to try one at a time- and evaluate. Then on a follow up visit we added a few more treatment strategies to try. He is awesome at focusing on treatment. He says, "Dysautonomia is not a sprint, it is a marathon."

Randy is my new doctor, I have just had my first visit. My last appointment was canceled because he was in the hospital himself. I was started on four new meds, fludrocortisone, clonidine, clonazepam, & Effexor. He treats-patients individually. He takes a lot of time talking to you about POTS. Answers all your questions, he's a great doctor.

Loulou

• 6 months later...

Hi

It Sounds like a super doc. Can i Ask what it cost Whit out insuranse? I am tiered of not getting any help here. So my Dream is too go to us and maby gett to see a doc like This. I cant travel by plane, so i would have to go Whit boat. My man migth be Abel to work in Canada or Houston a year. But that migth be very stressfull for me, notdriving a car etc.

Problem is my journals would be inn Norwegian. But i did gett my diagnose in USA. But sadly dont have the papers from that.

Also i think the weather where one are influenses dys and the likes. I love to travel, but does very poorly doing so. But if i stay a place Whit better weather than home, i feel better:)

Problem is my journals would be inn Norwegian. But i did gett my diagnose in USA. But sadly dont have the papers from that.

Casper, whoever it was the DX'd you in the USA --you can write to and get copies of your records. They should be kept on file for at least 10 years.

Issie

• 9 years later...

I have been seeing Dr. Thompson for years. I had heard that  was starting up a new practice in fl. But all numbers I find are out of order?? And one site said that there was a 3 yr. Waiting list to see him and they weren't accepting any new patients? Unfortunately for me. Im very wealthy and would give millions to see him once again because I am bedridden most days!!! Sad in Florida  dirk p