Some Improvements With Ala

Autonomic testing, during tilting pulse rate increased by 60 blood pressure dropped only by 20. was told i have pots.

The other testing Sweat Test: Heart Rate during Deep Breathing (HRDB)Test: Valsalva Test: and the blood test ganglionic achr antibody test , i passed.

I started takeing ALA 4 weeks ago, and i feel good, like its realy helping i check my blood pressure heart rate and i can see its helping.

The one thing i dont understand about this, is im more dizzy seting now then standing , i check my heart rate and blood pressure seting and its not low but i get dizzy and have a hard time brathing , But when i stand up i dont seem to be dizzy. Is this pots are something elses?

Sorry for my bad spelling, i have very poor writing skills.

sometimes i lay on my side to bearth, becuse laying on my back are seting up makes it worse.

Thank you

I take ALA also and find that it helps me also. It will however, increase nitric oxide and that will vasodilate you. It can work similiar to nitroglycerin and helps with blood flow because of vasodilation. This won't work for all POTS people, just those that need to vasodilate.

Issie

issie this all started for me in feb of this year , i was fine before runing 4 miles a day working out bike rideing i did eat a lot of junk food but i tryed to eat healthy. i had be haveing headache for about 15 weeks on and off before and i started to feel something was wrong, then one day in feb 4 2012 i woke up dizzy and sensitive to sounds breathing problems and my heart was beeting funny. ended up in the ER i was told it was stress after going back 3 more times i ended up staying for 10 days, and had test done on my heart. when thay did the ep study i was told it was my autonomic nervous system. i ended up haveing Autonomic testing and was told i have pots.

Im just finging out about vasodilation and all this other stuff its new to me. it seems like the ALA has done a lot of good for me, it even was helping with this breathing problem i have, it seems to come and go, it seems to put pressure on my lungs and heart when im seting up but not so much when im standing up. i need to go seee my Dr and talk about this but its hard to get there right now feeling like this.

Well, Alan - what we do is as we figure things out - we start to piece together a puzzle. Each time we get a piece of the puzzle figured out - it sends us on another search for something else. None of us, really have all the answers. But, we, at least have some of our puzzle pieces in place. I'd say you've at least figured out one thing. There are other things you can do to test out to see if an increase in NO is good for you. If that's the function of the ALA for you or if some other property is what is helping.

Issie

Mytwogirlsrox i read about ALA and thay were saying 600mg optimal for takeing by pill.

i reaaly hope it helps you, i was reading it can take up to 24 weeks sometimes. im going to pray for you right now. this stuff can be a bad dream , i was thinking what if there was a way for us all to talk in voice? i hand out on second life its got voice

• 6 years later...