Motion/balance/dizziness

Motion/balance/dizziness  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I used to have dizziness/vertigo all the time and everything you mentioned above bothered me. With meds, I am so much better, but still get nauseated and have motion sickness with all of the above, but it isn't as severe anymore. I had two major episodes with vertigo where I was bedridden and throwing up constantly for days. That hasn't happened in about a year and a half now. Zofran allowed me to get on a boat just a few weeks back on vacation, which was amazing, and I even went para sailing!! I can drive short distances now, but before being diagnosed, I had several close encounters with curbs, and messed up my car twice, so it was time to get serious about a diagnosis!! I hope you can find a medication to help you!! I still have little vertigo bouts, but nothing like before. If I bend over too much, or stand up for too long without moving, lift up my arms, move too fast, I will still get dizzy. Some days are better than others... :)

I checked every box! I get so bad just walking around my home sometimes that I feel like I'm going to throw up. Can't tolerate any of the dizziness meds either! SeaBands don't help. Acupuncture helps for a few days or so. Ginger candies help the nausea. This is unbelievably debilitating and I wish I could figure out how to tamp down these symptoms...

(null)

• 1 month later...

Dizzy especially when driving, try not to anymore. Even when just walking and once sitting I feel this weird sensation like the floor falls out from underneath me...you know like when you have a dream you are falling and you jolt awake but this is when I am already awake. I don't really have nausea just unbalanced and dizzy.

• 2 months later...

Most of the things on the first question I haven't done since I've been sick. I also can't close my eyes if I'm standing. I had my husband install a bar in the shower for me to hang on to. I don't drive unless I have to and don't like being a passenger. Motion like that makes my symptoms worse. The sun, everything moving around me just sets me off. If I do have somewhere to go, my husband drives and I will play a game on my phone the whole time.

When I close my eyes in the shower or to wash my face, I totally lose balance and bump into the walls and am very dizzy. I cannot close my eyes unless I am laying down or I will literally fall over, so closing my eyes would be first on that list.

Before I was diagnosed I kept falling in the shower because of this. I thought I was becoming a clutz.