Symptoms?

sue1234

Symptoms?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi, I have pcos but don't have the hair, acne or elevated testosterone. Pcos is actually caused by elevated insulin, which then can have an effect on the other hormones, but not always there are several ways pcos presents. Those that have the elevated testosterone though will usually have the have and acne.

Both forms however still cause infertility and can lead to diabetes and cardiovascular disease.

I see you've been on different forms of steriods, those can cause the hair growth and weight gain and cause diabetes or metabolic syndrome as well. Having a high heart rate doesn't cause hair growth as far as I know. However, an under lying medical condition may be causing both kinds of seemingly unrelated symptoms.

Pcos may be that cause if that is what you've been diagnosed with.

I do not have PCOS but I do get several cysts on my ovaries, each month, and I have had all sorts of lovely endometriosis issues. I don't have acne, never did really, and I don't think my testosterone levels have been checked. I do have a little more hair that's growing in, but I just attributed it to getting more mid-life and having kids! My waxer appreciates me. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...