Anyone Take Prozac?!

friday7

I am on Prozac and was wondering in anyone has had issue with it lowering or raising blood pressure?

I have been trying to figure out a cause for my recent raise in blood pressure (for six months) then very recent lowering of my blood pressure.

I have stopped two drugs already that seemed to be the cause but things are still not normal..well normal for me. I have also greatly reduced Seroquel from 400 mg to 100. I am still having problems keeping my pressure up.

I normally took four salt tablets a day, to keep my BP up.

Then six months ago I had to stop taking it all together because my pressure was already up without it. For the first time in five years I was not on salt tablets.

I figured this was either due to Seroquel or Prozac since I had started these both at that time.

Now all of a sudden this past month, my pressure has dropped. I have to take from 8 to 12 salt tablets and still have low BP at times.

Something has suddenly changed but I have found no help form the doc.

I did recently take some blood tests and had 100 fasting blood Glucose... which isn't bad but it is above normal.

And I had a high Ferritan level. It wasn't that high...250..but again it's high.

Problem is my doctor, after taking these tests, left.

She was an intern and I knew she was leaving but I called to ask about my tests results. She never answered and the next time I called I was told she left.

Now I have to wait until August 1st to see this new doctor who knows nothing about me..More than frustrating!

So I started considering Prozac. I noticed that it said some people take Prozac for Neurally mediated hypotension which is basically POTS. Well for me it is. I just thought maybe it has the opposite effect on me? I'm just lost.

So again, anyone take Prozac and then have trouble with their BP or symptoms?

I started Prozac about 1.5 months ago - but a very low dose (5mg). I also take Seroquel, but just for sleep (12.5mg nightly, have taken it for about 6 years). Not sure of BP effects from either; my psychiatrist takes my BP at every visit and there hasn't been a noticeable change, but since I fluctuate between 100/60 and 140/85 it's hard to know if I'd see one.

I took prozac for a couple of years after I was diagnosed. It definitely seemed to help my symptoms and I think in my case helped regulate my bp highs and lows. I tend to have episodes of highish bp and lowish bp. My bp seemed to even out on prozac. I am not sure honestly whether to attribute that to the prozac, though, or if I was just getting better anyway. But in any case, in my case, there was no evidence that prozac was causing my bp to increase.

I take a small dose of generic prozac(fluoxetine) for my anxiety. It doesn't help a lot, just keeps me from having panic attacks all the time, so we are looking into changing it. I don't think it does too much to my bp or hr, but I've been on it for almost 4 years, and it's a pretty low dose. It does, however, make me have even worse brain fog if I increase my dose.(Before my POTS diagnosis, my doctor kept increasing it, thinking it would help)

Thanks everyone for your input.:)Lemonsin2lemonade, I'm curious, In what ways did it make your POTS worse? I 've been feeling more weak and dizzy lately and much less energy. If I do too much I get sick. This is after a very long time of feeling pretty good. So it's kind of a drastic change which I usually don't have unless there's something causing it.