Tested Negative For Achr-Autoantibodies. Any Other Known Autoantibodies?

jangle

Got my lab result back from Mayo clinic. I tested negative for their nicotonic ACHR-Autoantibody.

From what I understand there might be something with muscarinic autoantibodies? Does anyone know anymore details on this?

Are there any other autoantibodies currently being associated with POTS?

I was going to ask my neuro in my upcoming appt. specifically for the AChR ganglionic neuronal antibody. I was thinking this might be the one Vernino is testing?? Maybe they are one and the same?? I am hoping whatever the test that it does address the nicotinic and muscarinic part of acetylcholine.

Just something to consider as I didn't know this but one of my Doctors told me they did some research on this very subject concerning me.

My skin biopsies for SFN both came back positive, both calf and thigh, which I guess is a little on the "odd" side.

My ACHR has always been fine, as have all of my antibody tests. Which for lack of better terms, bums me out. Glad they are negative but it's just another Non-answer.

So anyhow this Doctor told me that the ACHR antibodies are only present in about 50% of cases and are usually not elevated in people with Chronic Illnesses, it is more likely to show up in acute instances such as Guillane Barre.

It was explained as such as something like EBV, where you might show antibodies only when in the acute phase.