Pain - Feels Like A Bruise But There Is No Bruise

Hi all,

I just came across this and wanted to say that I was suffering many of the same or very similar symptoms for 15yrs. I’ve had every test with no explanation (was told fibromyalgia but I didn’t think so) I finally got my answer when I saw an immunologist and dietitian. I had noticed a correlation between some of my symptoms and eating or drinking certain foods. The immunologist told me I had “multiple chemical sensitivity” or MCS. It affects everyone a little different but it’s well worth looking into it. I’ve had a dramatic improvement since being on a “safe” diet and eliminating environmental factors. Things like salicylates, amines, gluten, glutamates, sulphites, caffeine, benzoate’s, air pollution, toiletries, laundry detergents, household cleaners, fruits and vegetables, herbs and spices, preservatives, colors etc. etc. can all have an impact and cause many issues. I had all over pain, joint pain, fatigue, heartburn/reflux, sweating, overheating, pins and needles/numbness, burning and facial flushing to name a few symptoms and my neuro looked at everything! finally I was referred to a good immunologist and dietitian. I’m not saying definitely this is what you may be dealing with but if you’re coming up with dead ends then maybe look into it. Best of luck, hope things improve for you all.

• 4 months later...

oh wow, so excited to have found this thread. I am currently laying in bed in pain. As y'all explain it feels like I am bruised, but no visible bruising. My pain is on my lower back, hip and the skin that folds that's between thigh and genital area - I have no idea what that area is called xD. Its truly an annoying pain... I've had it a couple of times in my life, but I just can't seem to figure out why it happens and if I remember correctly its always the same area. 

@LoxI get was getting the mystery pain as well. Bottom of my right foot, calfs, thighs, left butt cheek. While i do have PVD and get claudication in the calves when waking the Vascular DR said the pains outside of walkining were not due to the PVD. Since i went onto the drug Mestinon the pains have mostly gone away.