Blood Pressure Spike

I just happen to be taking a BP reading wile I was driving on the express way to drop off some saxophones to a school. My BP has been low for a month now due to vasodilatation which I get every summer when the temps go up. At the very moment the BP monitor was taking the reading a police car pulled up right on my bumper and got my attention real quick. My reading was 245/145...I shook my head and took another reading after the police car went around me about a minute later, and it was 105/78 ...Machine error or a crazy reaction to the fear...Hmm...Any thoughts? Seems like a drastic spike, even for a dysautonomeian...

I would say fear. Today at my integrative doctor they took my blood pressure and it was really high for me 165/100. Then the nurse asked me to imagine a relaxing scene and it came down considerably 140/90 (still high, but better). It' s amazing what the mind can do.

I just happen to be taking a BP reading wile I was driving on the express way to drop off some saxophones to a school. My BP has been low for a month now due to vasodilatation which I get every summer when the temps go up. At the very moment the BP monitor was taking the reading a police car pulled up right on my bumper and got my attention real quick. My reading was 245/145...I shook my head and took another reading after the police car went around me about a minute later, and it was 105/78 ...Machine error or a crazy reaction to the fear...Hmm...Any thoughts? Seems like a drastic spike, even for a dysautonomeian...

Keep in mind if you're doing a maximal leg press or lifting an extreme amount of weight it's not unheard of for the BP to spike to 300+/250+. However I don't think that measurement of yours is accurate, even under extreme anxiety my BP wouldn't spike past 170/100

Oh my...never heard of a blood pressure that high on a living person before in my life. I'm a nurse, and I would say an error :o Especially since the next reading was so normal...