I Scored In The Top 20% On The Medical School Admissions Test!

jangle

I got a score that is typical of accepted medical students. I was completely shocked, because after I finished that exam I felt like I bombed it.

Don't let anyone tell you you're not good enough, you can succeed, it's not easy and I definitely didn't do it alone, but I hope this serves as inspiration for others who are currently pursuing their dreams or pursuing getting better.

I'm not in medical school yet, but this score pretty much puts me there, now I have to decide where to go!

Very cool, congratulation!! There is a Doc on the Changes video who has POTS, we need more :) I also know of a Pulmonary Hypertension guy who is very inspirational, he's in his 1st year of med school right now... He says that he talks to every professor before the semester starts and that the Dean is even aware of his condition, so they are very understanding if he misses things here or there.

You should pick a school where you'll have the most support, in every way.. Of course Mayo, Cleveland or Vandy would be cool lol

Very cool, congratulation!! There is a Doc on the Changes video who has POTS, we need more :) I also know of a Pulmonary Hypertension guy who is very inspirational, he's in his 1st year of med school right now... He says that he talks to every professor before the semester starts and that the Dean is even aware of his condition, so they are very understanding if he misses things here or there.

You should pick a school where you'll have the most support, in every way.. Of course Mayo, Cleveland or Vandy would be cool lol

Haha I don't know much about those schools other than they're very difficult to get into, like above and beyond what an average medical school requires which is already a lot.

Pulmonary hypertension? Yikes, I can't even imagine. Although I will say I read a study about using stem cells to treat PH which was quite successful.

Even when I do start the process of medical training it's going to be quite a while before I will be able to conduct research myself. Like 7+ years. Hopefully they'll have POTS solved by then. Certainly I'll talk with professors about it in the mean time. Who knows I might end up with Dr. Levine at UT Southwestern!

Good for you and yes, it does give hope to the many people suffering. Even if you don't find a cure for POTS, I'm glad to know that someone like you who has been through so much already will be in the medical field. You will be a better doctor because of what you've suffered and lived through and we certainly need more doctors out there like that!

Congrats!

Brenda