Grubb 2011 Article On Hyperadergenic Pots

Rama you may be right about mention, but then the same can be said for chlonidine. But these two meds are only scratching the surface, I've found more potent adreniline inhibitors then these with less side effects. If my ne is hyperactive I'll be experimenting in that direction.. But I think that hyper or not it's not the issues the problem is that probably everyone of us has dysfunctional ans neurotransmitters,the problem is how to get that equilibrium back for everyone how to evaluate this dysfuction on a deeper level. Why aren't they figuring out ways to continuously monitor our neurotransmitters activity?

Anyway I'm always for non pharm treatments, still believe that resQguard is one of the coolest, innovative techs for us and hardly anyone has beEn tried on it.

I Found this interesting device that acts on central sympothetic drive hyperactivity. http://www.ardian.com/ous/medical-professionals/procedure.shtml it aim is actually on lowering BP... But I wonder how it might act to balance it too along with neurotransmitter activity..

Rama you may be right about mention, but then the same can be said for chlonidine. But these two meds are only scratching the surface, I've found more potent adreniline inhibitors then these with less side effects. If my ne is hyperactive I'll be experimenting in that direction.. But I think that hyper or not it's not the issues the problem is that probably everyone of us has dysfunctional ans neurotransmitters,the problem is how to get that equilibrium back for everyone how to evaluate this dysfuction on a deeper level. Why aren't they figuring out ways to continuously monitor our neurotransmitters activity?

Anyway I'm always for non pharm treatments, still believe that resQguard is one of the coolest, innovative techs for us and hardly anyone has beEn tried on it.

I Found this interesting device that acts on central sympothetic drive hyperactivity. http://www.ardian.co...procedure.shtml it aim is actually on lowering BP... But I wonder how it might act to balance it too along with neurotransmitter activity..

The problem with that logic is that despite NE being overactive in some areas, NET inhibition effects different areas differentially and you often see reduced central activity and impaired cerebral autoregulation, so reduced MAP in the brain basically, meaning reductions in sympathetic outflow might cause worsening dizziness as with beta blockers. Increased sympathetic drive as in essential hypertension does not cause POTS symptoms so in some ways they might be barking up the wrong tree in a way.

do exact numbers really matter? imo numbers are just a range. my NE wasn't up to 600, but when i did the TTT, it jumped dramatically (several hundred points), and my adrenals "kicked in with a vengeance," according to my doctor. so, i don't really go by what the numbers are, i just know that when i stand up my BP and NE rise dramatically and i have pre-syncope/dizziness. so i'm being treated accordingly, as hyper POTS.

same with POTS. i didn't get the 30 pt. rise in BP ... can't remember whether it was 20 or 25 ... i asked my doctor point blank if i had POTS, and he said yes. i don't think i fit the clinical criteria, but i know i have some form of dysautonomia. i'm not really sure how much of an expert my doc is, anyway.

Anoj- I think the number counts that's the point. I actually don't know my supine ne number though, maybe I will take a look at my 24 hour urine test to see, but had that in November..

Did you try treatment not directed at hyperadrenic 1st or did you wait until after that test and then start treatment? Sounds like you need a new doc...

Did you try treatment not directed at hyperadrenic 1st or did you wait until after that test and then start treatment? Sounds like you need a new doc...

yep, i sure did. i went from midodrine + florinef to a BB. my doc does leave something to be desired. my BP raised so much, though, it was obvious there was some type of hyper response going on.

these were my numbers. based on them, it doesn't look like i meet the criteria, if judging by NE alone. what about the others? catecholomine? why did the epinephrine jump?

Baseline:

Catecholomine, plasma 480 (ref range <504)

Norepinephrine 442 (ref range <420) this was high-out of range on baseline

Epinephrine 38 (ref range <84)

Dopamine <30 (ref range <60)

Upon HUT:

Catecholomine, plasma 611

Norepinephrine 479

Epinephrine 132

Dopamine >30

i think i was confusing catecholomine earlier with NE.

Anoj- Looks like your NE is normal on HUT but high supine, that may be interesting to pursue, if you pm me I can talk to you about it more.. I'm not sure what a spike in epi means or what level is high but my epi was only 80 something... None of those treatments are for hyperadrenic just general pots...

Rama- sounds like you are hitting on one of my first pots theories when I first came on the board. I thought BP issues might be selective to different organs/areas in the body. Sounds like you are saying these NET issues are selective. But this do they even have a test that can test catecholamines in different areas selectively? I think there maybe actually... That's why i think everyone is getting affected in different ways by all of these pots meds because most are systemic and not selective..

do exact numbers really matter? imo numbers are just a range. my NE wasn't up to 600, but when i did the TTT, it jumped dramatically (several hundred points), and my adrenals "kicked in with a vengeance," according to my doctor. so, i don't really go by what the numbers are, i just know that when i stand up my BP and NE rise dramatically and i have pre-syncope/dizziness. so i'm being treated accordingly, as hyper POTS.

same with POTS. i didn't get the 30 pt. rise in BP ... can't remember whether it was 20 or 25 ... i asked my doctor point blank if i had POTS, and he said yes. i don't think i fit the clinical criteria, but i know i have some form of dysautonomia. i'm not really sure how much of an expert my doc is, anyway.

Oh my god finally some logic :)