Best Hr Monitor App--Love It!

Hi, all...

I've been on a quest to find a way to accurately monitor my HR without having to wrangle myself into my Garmin Sport watch chest strap throughout the day. I found the Instant Heart Rate app by Azumio, Inc. for my phone--I downloaded it to my Droid, but it's available for the iPhone as well. It's incredibly accurate (I compared it to my Garmin multiple times in multiple situations), AND it's free! It uses the camera lens of the phone and the flash function to monitor the pulse.

It has some great features--you can archive the results according to date/time of day, and you can post it on Twitter or Facebook if you want to share with others. I love the fact that I can now check my HR pretty inconspicuously if I'm in a meeting or some other location where people don't obsessively check their pulses...

Anywho, thought you guys out there might like to check it out...by the way, I have NO idea how this thing works....remember when phones were just used to CALL people? :lol:

Anywho, thought you guys out there might like to check it out...by the way, I have NO idea how this thing works....remember when phones were just used to CALL people? :lol:

Can you even remember the last time you used the phone to CALL someone? :P

Thank you so much for posting this thread.

I not only got the app and love it but found a couple of others.

I got a diary for my blood pressure/pulse/weight. It charts it all out for me and it really helps to actually see the differences in systolic and pulse. I can even send it to email so I can show the doctor.

I'm like a kid doing the poor mans TTT now. I want to go around and test everyone now. LOL

I began using that app last summer, and had my parents check their heartrates last winter. My mom's was normal, but my dad(age 80) came back persistently around 36!! I told him that was waaaayy too low and to talk to his doctor about it. I told him "normal" heartrates are between 60-100, except athletes who might have a HR lower than 60. He said, "But, I do walk everyday!" I said no, I'm talking professional athletes.

Long story short, he ended up at a cardiologist who diagnosed him with bigeminy. His HR is really double what registers, but a problem with the heart makes it register as half the normal beats.

So, the app was great for solving a family mystery!!

Wow, Sue that is great that you discovered your Dad's issue!

I also have a blood pressure app, but I wouldn't say it's a great one. I did bring 6 weeks worth of data (in two compact charts) to my EP/cardiologist appt last week and she found it really helpful to have it all charted. That concrete data makes a big difference to the docs (in my experience at least). At a glance she knew that my hr and bp were lower than she wants them to be.

I'd love to have a link for a better bp app too, if anyone has one :)