Blood Pressure-What's Everyone's Standing Or Sitting Bp

Just wondering the blood pressure ranges for those of us with POTS. I am generally 90/54 (standing) and still feel horrible...some of my doctors don't seem to think that's low!

I can't really find a pattern when it comes to symptoms and my BP. I'm usually a bit hypotensive when I'm sitting down but it always goes up when I stand (sometimes I even get a touch hypertensive).. and I feel worse when I stand? Makes no sense! My pulse seems to be a more reliable indicator.. I always feel absolutely horrid when I'm tachy.

Sitting BP ranges from 100s/60s to 140s/80s, depending on when it was taken. All of those values are from the doctor's office; I don't have a home BP cuff.

While standing (from my TTT) it fluctuated badly - up and down, not just stable and then down, or stable and rising. Confused the doctor quite a lot. The note was "Excessive oscillations in mean BP > 20mmHg for more than 50% of head-up tilt duration." But I'm not sure what it does during normal standing; we've never done the poor man's tilt table (though I've done it at home with just heart rate). Been thinking about a portable BP monitor...

Mine never makes sense.

On TTT is dropped to 40/17

Normally at home it's around 90/60 when I feel horrible it's usually around 80/50

Recently as I've gotten worse the pressure has narrowed, so this past weekend when i felt really bad my pulse was 106 sitting and my BP was 84/69.

And every time I go to the Doctor, I have white coat syndrome and it's 115/75 usually, pretty perfect, guess I should stay at the Doctors. Though then I would die of perpetual stress and panic.

Standing in the morning my BP generally runs in the 80-90s/60- 70s (occasionally 40s)

Standing in the evening it'll be around 110s/80s.

Sitting in the evenings it'll be up to 130-140s/80-90s

On TTT it went to 30s/20s-but I don't pass out ever....even on the TTT.

standing - usually around 100/75-ish but i went as low as 80/60 (i was in the hospital) without feeling dizzy, lightheaded or faint (the nurse was looking really strangely at me - i had to reassure her i was fine)

laying down - 100/70, sometimes slightly lower, sometimes a bit higher

i also get surges in bp - out of nowhere I can go from my "norm" 100/70 to 135/90 and higher (the highest I ever recorded was 160/100 right before calling 911) in a matter of seconds. Most frustrating and scary are the times when for a couple of hours my bp acts like a yo-yo changing from high to low to high again, to low again...you get the picture leaving me completely drained of energy. (my dr suspected a pheochromocytoma but it was ruled out after an abdominal ct scan, blood work and 24 h urine tests)

One more thing - i couldn't find any correlation between my bp and my heart rate - i can get a surge in heart rate without any change in bp, or the other way around.

the "joys" of POTS I guess.

Mine is always crazy. I never know what it will be. It fluctuates between 90/60 to 150/80. So confusing...

I usually feel best when my BP's ~90/55 to 110/65. When it's >115/70, I feel iffy (dizzy, stomach not so great). When it's below 85/50, I feel tired. When it's below 80/40, I'm awake but dizzy and it's difficult to move.

Somewhat similar situation with my pulse. Resting pulse of >80 bpm feels icky, 45-60 feels ideal, below 35 is a bit too slow.

Extremes I've seen recently: 69/34 (laying down), 138/100 (waking up from a nightmare)

Runs high. I have Hyperadrenergic Diagnosis and I have never had syncope. When doing poorly it can be Systolic 155 and Diastolic 110. Usually fluctioating up and down minute to minute with pulse, where, as one goes up the other comes down. ( for example 155/95 and next 135/110 ) Lately better 100-140 systolic and 80-90 diastolic, as I have been doing better. More stable Lying than standing.