Have Switched From Not Sleeping Enough To 10 To 12 Hours Night

And am still exhausted. Although the nights are easier to handle because I am sleeping. I get up to go to the loo, take medications and fall back asleep more easily. Eg. Last night I was in bed by 8pm and this morning up just before 8am.

Before this, when only getting 4-5 hours sleep a night I was waking up feeling stimulated -- like adrenalin surges, a bit -- a number of times during the night and finding it really difficult to get back to sleep. Sometimes i'd be up for a couple of hours.

i do prefer it this way -- too much sleep to too little but I still feel crappy pots wise. No impact for the better has been made on any of my symptoms. I do have dysthymia -- chronic low grade depression - and I like it that I'm getting more sleep and not having to deal with 'the world' so many extra hours a day. Probably not a healthy attitude mentally but there you have it!

And I still yawn a lot too. I have to try to be careful because my jaw will click and get sore if I yawn too excessively.

blue

I go through spurts of lack of sleep and too much. For weeks at a time I can go on 2-3 hours of sleep a night. Weeks after I could sleep all day and still be tired. I'm currently in the 'too much' sleep phase. If I get woken up during the night I want to sleep longer, like I haven't slept at all before hand.

I'm in this rather annoying phase now with sleep. I would say 3 out of 7 nights, I don't sleep at all. Like, when I say no sleep I mean I'm awake all night and next day. What's really odd us that I'm not especially tired. The next night I will be or occasionally in the afternoon but for the most part I don't feel any more fatiigued than usual, which is a lot anyway.looks like tonight will be another......

Jen

Thank you people.

I jinxed myself and just have two really restless nights in a row. A lot of tachy and some anxiety, feeling ill. Thought I was going to be hopeless today but managed to clean the bathroom (sort of). I can never work this stuff out. Now I have to cook dinner and am not so confident i'm going to be able to stay on my feet long enough. Truly they should call this pots/dys stuff, "If it's not one thing, it's the other."

Lemons,

So are you like me where you will be up all night long, the whole next day and then possibly fall asleep the next night? It is odd because maybe from like 5am to 6am or 6am to 7am I may feel a little tired but I know I can't go to sleep then... so if I follow my normal routine withint 30 min. or so then I feel normal. We must be getting some kind of adrenaline rush, Lemons, you think?

Jen

Add me into the irregular sleep club. 'Though my sleep schedule is screwed up by my work & sleeping situation (on the road most of the time). When I get home and if I can get away with it, I'll sleep 10-12 hours. During the week when I'm on the road, It's anywhere from 2-5 hours. Sometimes it's enough sleep, other times it's not.

And some days I'm just completely wiped out when I get home at night, to the point that I fall asleep anywhere I happen to sit down. Other nights it'll be 3am and I'm wide awake.

Part of the wide awake issue for me is that it usually happens when I'm feeling good, so I'm reluctant to "waste" the time with sleeping. I'd rather take advantage of it to catch up with things.

I am just finishing Day 2 with no sleep. It is just nutty. I am starting to feel sleepy... but of course TODAY I have appointments. SOOOO... now what.????? I cannot fathom how I can suddenly go 48 hours and more *** NO sleep! I could have not done that at any other time in my life. I just feel like I am some kind of odd science experiment no one told me about! In Feb. or March I went 79 hours without sleep. Oh, that was great fun. I don't start hallucilating until close to 70 hours... but once I did... WOWZA!

Jen

Sounds horrible Jen. I can sometimes have real trouble getting to sleep. I feel like it's just adrenalin racing through my system. Plus I have that thing, some nights I'll settle down in bed, roll over to get into a comfortable position, close to dropping off and bamm, heart is racing etc and I have to get up and move around - I feel like by doing that I'm using up the adrenalin. I'm sure that's probably not what is happening to me but it's how it feels.

I think I read somewhere that you have to crawl because you are not allowed to walk? Am I right? I assume this would be because you fall?

blue

Blue- ,

Yes... I have very severe syncope and had concussion 12 or 13 last week- even crawling. I have been bed ridden or crawling to & from the restroom SINCE Nov!!!!!!! I'm about done. I have pretty severe Othostaic Hypotension - I oke this morning feeling "okay" and it was 48/32. My body is an absolute nutcase :)

I will usually have 2-2.5 days with no sleep- sleep that night - and wake up feeling fine. And I'm rarely sleepy during those days. But o the other hand, I can get more than nough slep for a week in a row and be tired?!?!?!?!?

J

Same here re: irregular sleep. The quarter (I'm in grad school, whoo flexibility) was really rough, and so I was getting 6-8h of sleep a night (I need 9ish, maybe 9.5). Then, once it was over, I started sleeping 10-12 hours a night (in the past I might have done one 10-hour night after a period of sleep deprivation, but not weeks on end). I can get up after 8-9 hours, it's just that I will keep sleeping forever. Grah.

Sorry Jenglynn for taking so long to respond to your answer to my question. Re: walking -- your situation is certainly tougher than I've had it ever. I went though quite a long period when I could not leave the house, but could walk from bed to sofa for example. And when I went out I had to hold onto someone to keep me steady. I used to fall and almost pass out but not completely -- things would go black and I couldn't see but I could still hear. And when I did fall I crumpled, luckily. So did not do a header into walls or anything or fall flat on my face etc. I've had times when I've been unable to walk and had to crawl but they have been rare and only on very bad O,I. days and haven't been that bad for years. I can only imagine your frustration with your situation.

I'm just wondering if you've ever wondered about having a service dog? I knew someone from one forum that got a service dog and she said the dog made a wonderful difference to her life. Getting things for her, etc. The dog could even open doors for her. I have no idea if having one would suit you or not. Please forgive you if I'm presuming. But I thought I'd just put it out there in case you didn't know that you might qualify for one if you wanted one.

blue