From A (Syndrome) To A (Disease)?

Me too. I don't know if it's becoming more common or maybe we are doing a good job at spreading the word, but it seems like more people are being diagnosed. There are at least three kids in my highschool who have POTS.

I asked my gp (who does my injections every three weeks) lately if he had seen anyone else with these symptoms which of course he hadn't. My cardio lately told me that he had been thinking of me (while I hadn't been seeing him for about 5 years) when he got a patient with dysautonomia symptoms. I was glad that he was able to recognize! In my case, over 10 years ago my cardio was the first to think of dysautonomia, I was so lucky my gp referred me to him!!!!

Overall my neuro manages my care with my family doctor (who has learned a lot over the years!), I can usually do without my cardio.

I share your wish Tachy though I'm afraid that would mean more and more people would be affected by it.

Even worse.... my FP whom I've seen for 10 years had never heard of POTS and didn't know how to treat. I asked him about IV fluids and PT rehab combination.... He said he didn't have a clue and maybe I should see a cardiologist... When he said he'd never heard of it, my first thought was to ask him if he'd ever heard of Google (thought, but didn't say! :) )

Well, I'm spreading the NEWS. I mean just about every tech. I'm dealing with in the hospitals and labs and doctors office are getting at least some education about POTS. I tell them we are trying to get the word out about it, cause there are probably more people who have the wrong DX and don't know what's wrong with them. People are finding it fascinating and say they are going to go home and research it. We will get it known and then maybe more docs will take a look into it.

Issie