Juicing

Over the past week, i have been trying out a new thing:juicing. Most extreme juicers will go out and buy a pricy one, i am not that extreme (yet). So instead, i have been buying thick,fibrous, nutrient packed juices like those made from odwalla, bolthouse farms, and naked brands. You can find them in most stores either in the refrigerated juice section or the produce section. I started drinking the juice in an attempt to lose some weight. However, something even more remarkable happened: MORE ENERGY, FEELING BETTER, REDUCED URINATION, AND REDUCED ANXIETY. And that leads to one excellent outcome which is less pots on the mind, more life on the mind. Today, my partner had to remind me to take my ssri & steroid in the morning. I never forget, because i feel so awful and hope it makes me feel better. It felt like i didn't need it, and that was a VERY new feeling. One morning, i actually woke up intensely craving the juice. So, i can tell the juice is helping me and i have some good ideas why:

1. With my pots, its seems like i have a very rough time digesting food-- especially produce. The juice has liquified all of those valuable nutrients that i have been missing out on, allowing them to be absorbed much more readily into my bloodstream--therefore, providing the nutrients i need to feel good even if i do have pots.

2. The juice is a very thick electrolytic substance that has a more powerful hydrating effect than just water or gatorade. (really, these babies are packed with vitamins, including loads of potassium for those on florinef. )

3. The juice contains some nutrients/ minerals that are helping my pots in another obscure way.

Initially, i was concerned about the constant exposure of sugar to my gastric system, causing to much abdominal blood pooling, but, haven't had any problems yet.

There are a tons of different types of juices, but the ones that seem to work best are the thicker ones. Right not i have:

* Bolthouse farms Green Goodness which has: Spirulina (a vitamin rich alagae-substance), Chlorella (another nutrient rich algae), Broccoli, Spinach, Barley Grass, Wheat Grass, Blue Green Algae, Echinacea, Garlic (not the best thing for pots, i know), Jerusalem artichoke, zinc, manganese, iron, vitamins a, b6, b12, and c. apples, pineapple, mango, banana, and kiwi. Also it has over 470mg of potassium per serving.

* Odwalla Carrot Juice which has: vitamin A and 520 mg of potassium per serving. (Also ,surprisingly, tastes really good!)

* Naked Blue Machine which has:blueberries, blackberries, apples, bananas, 370 mg of potassium and also vitamins b3, b5, b6, b12, c, e, and fiber

Anyhow, i have been having some good results and wanted to share, maybe i'll be getting a juicer soon :)

I want to try this. Do you eat anything when you do this? Do you still drink water, or only juice? How long do you do it for? Thanks. :)

Puppylove, i tried it without eating and i didn't like it. It didn't make me feel good. Instead, i decided to supplement the juice to my diet :) I still drink water too. I plan on keeping it as a part of my diet for as long as i have pots.

I bought a cheap juicer in march but wish I'd gotten the more expensive one. I hear the differencs

in how much you get out of your fruits and veggies is substantial. All the organic fruits and veggies are expensive.

I couldn't use the pre-made due to gluten cross contamination. Btw. Are these organic ?

I'm glad to hear this is helping you. Juicing gave me a ton of energy when I started in march but not now. It could've been the b6 I was taking at that time too. I seemed to absorb it or convert it to p5p better while juicing.

I didn't see a difference in my oi. My hr still jumps 30 pts if I'm up for 10 minutes.

I made the mistake of not drinking enough water while juicing and due to my oxalate problem,

I got a kidney stone. I just wasn't thirsty after drinking this. Duh ..

Good luck with this .. D