Increased Urination

Has anyone noticed or had a severe urgency to urinate after tachycardia episodes? I've been experiencing this and the ER doctors looked at me like I was crazy...

I think they must teach that particular look in med school ("Frown slightly at the patient while tilting your head slightly to the left. Now raise your right eyebrow. Good! Now you look like you doubt everything they say!") Anywho, yes, I have this exact same symptom quite frequently, and it seems to pop up whenever I have an adrenaline surge for ANY reason (near-miss traffic accident, a shirtless-Brad-Pitt-movie-scene, presenting to a large group of people, etc.). I think it's actually pretty common, but docs always want to test for diabetes and the other go-to diagnoses. Just another joyful symptom of our wacky condition!

I have to say that I have been a frequent urinator(?is that a word --- do I get frequent urinator miles?) for a few years. In April I had to do the mixed meal test, where I definitely took in more sugar at that one meal than I would normally eat in 5 days. I noticed I had to keep getting up to go urinate, way more than I do at home. I guess the higher glucose levels caused it, even though it was not up in the diabetic level, but high for my normal anyway. Now that I've given up all outright sugar, I urinate less often.

Yes, so annoying. And drinking soooooo much definitely doesn't help.

yes, i think of it as my body's way of disposing of the adrenaline byproducts from the episode...however, urinating all the time doesn't help the tachy much :) Whenever this happens, i take it easy on my feet and have more salt and water. Like mcblonde, i use florinef as well, and it still happens--just not as bad.

So odd.... I have so many symptoms where I may fit right in- Orthostatic Intolerance, tachycardia (50+ sitting and 80+ Hr standing but I haven't stood in forever), daily syncope, headaches, visual disturbances (double vision, floaters), no appetite, dizziness, shortness of breath, many more that may not relate so won't mention - but my bladder problem is now and has always been extreme retention. I drink as much as I'm supposed to, eat all that salt, but I'm lucky to go once every 2-3 days. I almost have that urge but it is there - forever, sometimes in the middle of the night if I'm tired, I may doze and wake a few times and then get back to bed after an hour or two. Received a TERRIbLE concussion that way but my family did not know who I was for 2 weeks I was so angry and aggressive and I don't think I've been the same since (early Feb). Finally agreed to what I swore I'd never agree to and that's a bedside commode :(

I take Midodrine too- 15 mg 3x a day which seems typical. There just seem to b a few key areas where I just don't fit in...

Jen

So odd.... I have so many symptoms where I may fit right in- Orthostatic Intolerance, tachycardia (50+ sitting and 80+ Hr standing but I haven't stood in forever), daily syncope, headaches, visual disturbances (double vision, floaters), no appetite, dizziness, shortness of breath, many more that may not relate so won't mention - but my bladder problem is now and has always been extreme retention. I drink as much as I'm supposed to, eat all that salt, but I'm lucky to go once every 2-3 days. I almost have that urge butisut there - forever, sometimes in the middle of the night if I'm tired, I may doze and wake a few times and then get back to bed after an hour or two. Received a TERRIbLE concussion that way but my family did not know who I was for 2 weeks I was so angry and aggressive and I don't think I've been the same since (early Feb). Finally agreed to what I swore I'd never agree to and that's a bedside commode :(

I take Midodrine too- 15 mg 3x a day which seems typical. There just seem to b a few key areas where I just don't fit in...

Jen