Er Visit Over The Weekend...horrible Experience

Hi everyone!

As some of you may know I have been experiencing nausea, sweating, palps, etc. during the night. I went to my primary care who put me on Ranitidine, which worked well but I saw that it should not be mixed with midodrine-which is what I am on for bp problems. The doc switched me to Protonix and it has not helped at all. The doc thinks I have acid reflux, which I'm not so sure I do. I saw a doctor that was on call Saturday, because I have been having sleepless nights due to these symptoms. He palpated my abdomen and I have pain where my stomach is located. Anyhow this doc told me to go to ER, which I did.....Oh what an experience that was.....

It took the ER approx. an hour to get me on an IV, they never put me on the EKG machine (which my doctor wanted). I was given a GI cocktail (which contained Donnatal). The Donnatal helped, but I felt very loopy, dizzy, and honestly felt like I was drugged. So in regards to GI issues it did help somewhat. The doctor at the ER pretty much told me that I need to be eating a better diet-I've only been eating bread/waffles for the past few days since my stomach is so bad. I really don't eat unhealthy stuff, I really try to eat fruits, veggies, chicken, etc. All they did at the ER was blood work (came back fine) and an ultrasound of my pancreas and gallbladder. They didn't even look at my stomach, which is where all the pain it!!!!! I was released from the hospital barely able to stand because of the Donnatal. I was told by the nurse that I do not have low bp, because it was high while I was there (i usually run 90/54-I'm sure nerves made my bp go up...). I pretty much had a bad experience.

If this is something like IBS which I'm thinking it may be what meds can help that won't lower bp or bother heart rate? Also, could this nausea be making me wake up with high heart rate and sweats or could the palpitations/tachycardia be causing nausea? Also, I've been taking tums and maalox to help, which do for a little bit, but not for long. Today I had severe stomach cramps, etc. :(

As usual, I appreciate any and all feedback.. I know people here on the forum understand!

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. Docs and hospitals always try to give Protonix for some reason but I never thought it worked as well as Prisolec or Nexium. Have you tried either one or are those contraindicated as well? Maybe you need to get an endoscopy to see what's going on in the stomach?

Hi, thank you for your reply! Years ago I was tested for Celiac disease and tested negative. I wish I could figure out what's going on with my stomach...