Started Ivabradine Today.....keeping My Fingers Crossed!

I was taking 25mg Metoprolol Succinate in the am and 12.5 mg at nite. For the last 2 weeks, I lowered the dose to 12.5mg in a.m and 12.5 at bedtime.

My md said that I do not have to wean off the Metoprolol and just switch to the Ivabradine 5mg twice a day. Took my first dose this morning and while I am nervous, I am also hoping and praying that this medication will work.

Will post updates!

liz

Any other side effects so far? This medication seems like the wonder drug for me. Like you, I suffer from tachycardia but not hypotension or dizzyess/syncope. Apparently the drug is not being approved in the US because of uncertainty of whether or not it improves mortality rates for people with heart failure over current treatment options. Every study I have read though has indicated that it has a wonderful effect on heart rate without the side effects of beta blockers.

I am in the US. I am currently tapering off toprol after six months to see how I do without it. I am just tired of being tired and I want to see if it has been causing some of my gi issues. I have a feeling though that I am going to need some other form of heart rate support. I don't know how my cardiologist will feel about the suggestion.