On the lighter side--worst job for a Pots Person

Hi Michelle.

Yeah, that's my "sick" humor!

I gave stand-up a try in Ft. Lauderdale when I was in college. Fun, but I liked being a computer geek better :D

It's all yours to use as you please. I'm hanging in there. Day by day sometimes. Hope you (and everyone here) are doing well. Best,

Dan

Okay, this brings up a funny story to me. When I was applying for disability they give you jobs you can do with your condition. They told me I could be an amusement park operator. Standing there and then passing out on the tracks, getting ran over does not sound like fun to me lol. The other things I can think of are a race car driver, although I would like to date one (GO JR). A stand up comidian. A bowler, I have passed out down the lane once.

That is all I have.

Shelby

Michelle:

If ur refering to my top 10 list then yes it is my origonal work and no i do not mind you publishing it. This place really feels like home, if i had a million pounds id pay for a DINET centre in the carabeen for us all to stay over in the summer and have wild partys. Love you all

James x

HOw about a surgocal technition..... Standing for hours during surgery, and having to be completely on top of everything, every instrument needed, every wim of the surgeon...wearing a Mask, and being in that hospital garb..lookign at blood

My sister did this for a while WITHOUT POTS and almost fainted a few times.

NOT FUN!! :blink:

Bank teller. Blackjack Dealer. Shoe salesman (bending down a lot!). Store stocker. Jewelry store salesperson. Car salesman, esp. during the summer. Hostess at a restaurant. Bartender. Tour guide at a museum. Cafeteria worker. Postal worker.

At various times, I've considered most of these but for obvious reasons.. no! :blink:

I actually used to be a checker at a grocery store when I was younger, long before I was diagnosed. I was pregnant, too! Fortunately, I ate tons of pickles while I was pregnant, which made my ankles as big as fenceposts, but probably helped me feel half decent... and the checkout stand had a little place for the checker to help bag that was right by the place where ya stand, and since there were never any bags in it, it was a perfect place to sit down when I got to feeling a bit woozy.

Sure makes ya begin to wonder what we actually CAN do! Me, I do mostly computer stuff, so that's a relief!

Hey, I used to be a jewelry store salesperson. Probably one of the easiest jobs I've ever had, though I had it before I had POTS. Now I work 3 days a week in a library...that is one job we can do! LOL! It is quiet and non-stressful and I sit down most of the time. Maybe we need to make a best job for POTS people post...? :blink:

Michelle