Ssdi Question-Letter From Dr.?

I need to try everything for my appeal. I asked the secretary at my neuro's office (who diagnosed POTS) if he would write a letter for me. She said he doesn't do that, he's busy etc. I begged a little and said well, what if I drafted a letter for him and then he could just adjust it and she said you can try, but I can't guarantee he'll do it. I forget whose idea this was, but I just remember someone saying something about how they drafted a letter for their Dr. Wish I could remember who suggested it. My question is - is this appropriate? I just typed out a letter and feel a little awkward about this - like I'm speaking for him. Can I actually send this thing to him???

My cardiologist filled out a form I gave him. I had a friend who is a lawyer write it up for me. He called it a Medical Source Statement - Physical. He had questions for the doctor to answer ... Ex "What the patient can do despite his/her impairment" and then it has options to check for him. "On average how often do you anticipate that your patients impairments of treatment would cause the pt to be absent from work" Then it gives him choices to check. He filled that out for me. I can snail mail a copy if you want to take a look at it. PM me your address. Not sure how much of a hurry you're in though, I live in Arkansas, may take up to a week depending on where you live.

Brye

Thanks Brye. I really need a narrative type letter which describes not only my current situation, but also my history. I'm applying very late so there is a burden on me to prove I was disabled prior to 2007. I think a letter from him might be able to help me prove that. Really - no one else has an opinion? I guess it was either a dumb question or a really bad idea? LOL. :huh:

Thanks for the input - I need to prove past, not just present disbaility which can't be done with a checklist. I called the secretary back and she gave me better direction this time on what to do. Glad I didn't send that letter because we misunderstood eachother and it would have been inappropriate. PHEW! Still don't know if he's going to agree, but it's worth a try.