Emg Testing

I've had it several times. The needles do hurt, but passes quickly and I suppose it depends on the person how much they hurt. I've always had a problem with needles.

It is a test that looks at the function of the large fiber nerves and those nerves control the mucles that help you walk and move. Mine were normal so far. It does not check the function of the small fiber nerves for the most part. Small fiber nerves are what control the autonomic nerves. Other tests like a skin biopsy and qsart test for damage to those nerves. If you are able to walk and move your arms and legs well, your large fiber nerves are probably okay, but the test should prove that for you one way or the other.

Hope this helps!

I had this done because my rheumy thought I had neuropathy in my legs/feet. Honestly the test was a lot more uncomfortable than I was anticipating. haha! The needles into the side of my feet/ankles were very painful. The ones in the leg were not painful at all. I was sweating buckets during the test though. I felt like my body was just dumping NE. For the rest of the day, my heart was terrible but other than temporary pain, it's no big deal.

You could say you are experiencing increasing numbness and tingling in your legs. Or you could just be honest and say that neuropathy is a cause of pots and you'd like to rule it out.

I'm realizing docs are getting pissed by me sounding smarter than them. I have figure a way to say it, not use big words and still be honest lol