New Here.... A Little Background

My son takes 4 Thermotabs a day. At one point he was up to six, but they have since moved him back down. Be sure to drink plenty of fluids as well with the salt pills.

We believe we have a genetic component as well. Besides my son having POTS(and MCAS) my daughter has many symptoms and my mother and I did too. I outgrew them and didn't know what it was until my son was diagnosed. Everyone but my son has been able to function with it, his is just so severe.

Christy

Welcome to the group! It sounds like you have had quite a journey for a few years...

You must have felt horrible with your bp dropping that much on the TTT!

Re: salt intake. You'll probably have to play around with the amounts to find what works for you. I don't do the tabs, but I know lots of others do. I just put salt on my food when I eat. This wouldn't give me the high amount that docs recommend, but I find it works for me.

Welcome. Glad you ar getting a dx. As for salt, as someone else said, we each seem to have to find our own correct amount. One thing that I didn't learn until I was on this forum for a while is that you need to watch and make sure your potassium intake stays up so that the increased sodium doesn't throw you for a loop. It can cause an electrolyte imbalance. Some salt tabs are strictly sodium chloride, but others also have a potassium salt in them. I can actually manage this with my dietary intake of potassium. I can feel it in my muscles if I need to up the potassium but it can cause bigger probs. Good luck to you.