Blood Pooling In Legs - What It Feels Like?

Ever since I was about 13 or so, I have gotten these weird painful sensations in my legs(among other symptoms), starting near the calf area, down to my feet, it almost feels like there would be a blood clot or something, or a circulation problem. I know it can't be a blood clot or I would be dead these 14yrs later, lol ;)! Is what I have been feeling all this time, the feeling of the blood pooling possibly? How would you explain the feeling?

Hi mama_destiny, welcome to the forum!

For me blood pooling in the legs make my legs feel heavy and they color red to purple. I can get two different colors by putting one leg up and the other hanging down. Hope this helps answer your question!

My legs feel heavy and sometimes achey and tight around the ankles. My feet also turn reddish/purplish color. My feet have the sensation of feeling very cold. I pool blood and fluids so sometimes when the fluid pools with the blood, my toes get very very shiney and will get water blisters that turn to blood blisters on top and surrounding the toes, the calves and ankles feel tight if I try to walk or bend them.

For me, it hurts. Aches, really, from my mid thighs all the way down. From the pressure of the blood in the veins, I think. The skin feels tight and when I walk, my legs will ache a bit more when my foot hits the ground and the motion forces more blood into my legs. If I pat the skin, it will ache too.

My feet swell. The skin turns either red or blue (mostly down at my feet), depending on the time of day (red in the mornings/evenings - blue during the day), and if I press down on it, besides being kind of...squishy, ew, it acts like a bad sunburn would - goes completely white for a few seconds when I push the blood out, then goes back to red/blue. My feet also go either icy cold or hot (but the heat may be from the neuropathy).

It's worse after a shower. If I have to take one before my midodrine kicks in (which I do, way too often...stupid snooze button) all I can say is owww. The jarring motion of walking across the tile floor is just not fun.

Midodrine does make it much better, though. 30 minutes after my dose, and everything feels so much better. Not surprising, considering how the drug works...Still pools, but to a much smaller degree. No pain. And my feet only change color if I stay stationary for a few minutes (as opposed to the few seconds it takes in the morning). And the swelling goes way down.

I hope that helps!

Above post ^ good info. I see it in my toes mostly. I have always thought that was weird. My son calls me "sausage toes." :huh: Libby, you have neuropathy too? I can't remember if we've discussed this before. I'd love for my cardio to think this wasn't becs I'm obese and understand that it is part of dysautonomia somehow.