Yesterday I Passed Out In My Office At Work

Once in a while, I get night leg cramps which last few minutes, leaving behind such pain that lasts for a day or so.

This time, while I was picking up my dropped eyeglasses from the floor in my office, bam! I get this sudden, severe cramp in my upper arm; it was so intense that I actually saw the muscle ball up under my skin. I passed out completely from the pain. I am aware of balancing

Potassium, Sodium and fluids. I am pretty sure that I fainted because of that unpleasant stimuli (vasovagal response).

Thank Heaven, nobody came or passed by my office otherwise they would’ have taken me to the ER, where I get missdiagnosed and humiliated; The last thing that I need is an ER psycho-sadist Doctor!

I occasionally get those really powerful cramps as well, and it usually is because my electrolytes are out of whack--- I have had the experience of one dropping me. It is really embarrassing, sorry you had that happen!

I try to keep my workplaces from knowing about conditions as I find it may be detrimental to my career and it has gone ok, since I'm not a frequent fainter or one who crashes unexpectedly (I do that way more at home)-- but it would really **** to have people fussing over you after a faint.

I am sorry. I have passed out at the YMCA. Once I got to my car I called my mother and cried. I was so embarrassed! My mom reminded me that it would be worse if no one cared. Everyone in my swim class forgot about it pretty quickly. Most assumed I had low blood sugar. I am sorry this happened to you, but I hope you don't let it stop you. I was afraid for some time. Hopefully this will never happen again.

I'm sorry that happened to you also. For those cramps try tonic water and sip it through out the day. If you're having them bad at night deep to the bone. They told me after my sleep study It's most likely my low iron and they are trying to figure out how to safely infuse me with some.

I'm buying a round of hugs tonight for all ~

YOU ARE very welcome ~

Here's one link about the iron:http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2010/04/14/leg-cramps-signaled-iron-deficiency/

night, night ~

Ack. I'm glad you're alright and that no one found you and freaked out. lol, If I were to say that anywhere else...But ERs are pointless in our cases, most of the time, so I'm glad you were spared the embarrassment and annoyance.

And I hope your cramps ease up. I'll get them, but for only a few seconds - and that's more than long enough! I can't imagine it going on for a few minutes. No wonder you passed out.

(ERs are pointless in our cases, most of the time), Libby, I really agree with you on that, but sometimes we suffer from some symptoms that are so difficult to know if they are POTS ones or something else.

Yes those cramps are really painful and they usually start suddenly and they peak up in intensity.

Thanks for your reply.

So sorry this happened....Hypocalcemia can also cause the cramping, but us with dysautonomia, know all about cramping. I really believe when my heart aches it is cramping of the heart muscle. I have had cramping so badly in my bowel, I am doubled over in pain, and I have had the cramps in my feet and calves, too, and even my pectoral muscles, putting on my seat belt. Keeping well hydrated with my electrolytes seems to help this problem. I probably shouldn't say this, but it hasn't been as bad lately, and I really don't understand why...unless my increase in Vitamin D or CoQ10 could have helped with this. I know that deficiency in Vitamin D (which I had), can cause muscle and bone aching, and the other is for proper cell function, which could include electrolyte usage within the cells. Just thinking out loud, or should I say while I type?!

So sorry this happened....Hypocalcemia can also cause the cramping, but us with dysautonomia, know all about cramping. I really believe when my heart aches it is cramping of the heart muscle. I have had cramping so badly in my bowel, I am doubled over in pain, and I have had the cramps in my feet and calves, too, and even my pectoral muscles, putting on my seat belt. Keeping well hydrated with my electrolytes seems to help this problem. I probably shouldn't say this, but it hasn't been as bad lately, and I really don't understand why...unless my increase in Vitamin D or CoQ10 could have helped with this. I know that deficiency in Vitamin D (which I had), can cause muscle and bone aching, and the other is for proper cell function, which could include electrolyte usage within the cells. Just thinking out loud, or should I say while I type?!

Kim,

Just wondering how much CoQ10 do you take and D?

Cramping is a biggie with Mito and I posted about my Mito Cocktail is 900 dollars, but insurance

won't pay. I was told to go to Walmart, and I did today no luck.... I write the post in the right place so I'm curious to see what you say. Running out of energy to even write what I really want to

say these days.

BellaMia

I was on 4000 IU's, now on 2000 IU's of Vitamin D. I take 100mg. of CoQ10, and I get both at Target. I don't take CoQ10 every day, but I am faithful with my Vitamin D daily!