What Kind Of Work Can You Do?

I am in need of a part time job, I have had pots for 3 1/2 years and had been on LTD from my former employer and am currently awaiting a hearing for state disability. My LTD ended in October and I had been appealing it, but I can no longer wait from a a financial standpoint. I need an income, I am a fainter so that worries me, but for those of you who do work what kind of employment do you do?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

I substitute teach. That way I can say yes or no depending on how I am feeling. You could also specify the age you would like. Sometimes high school subbing isn't too bad because you deliver the lesson or you watch a movie, etc. I only do elementary but that's because it's what I love. You could maybe ask for only half days too.

My nieghbor told me about this job. You go and put cards in the slots and hallmark or CVS or wherever. At our hallmark you can chose when you go in to do it and it dosent take that long.

I contacted my old employer and asked if there was anything I could do part time from home and they actually had something for me. I do proofreading and fact checking - which can be challenging with some of my symptoms - but the work comes in spurts and usually doesn't require more than a few hours a day. I wouldn't be able to work outside the home. Maybe contact your job and see if there's something you can do from home?

I'm a writer (my degree is actually in English Literature / writing), and before I got sick, I was the editor of a small town magazine for seniors and wrote for several local magazines and our town's newspaper. I worked 60+ hours a week and loved it. I also had the energy to do it. I miss those days.

Anyway, since I got sick in 2006, I haven't done much of anything but be sick. Lately, I've dug out some children's picture books I'd written years ago, and just stuffed away, and actually sent a letter to a literary agent yesterday to see if she would represent me in trying to get my stories published. I know it's a long shot, but it's something that, if it works out, I can do at home, or even when I'm in the hospital, as long as I have my laptop and can type. Well, it helps to be able to think, too, and some days, that's impossible with how bad my brain fog can get.

Other than this new venture I'm trying, just dusting my house once a week, doing laundry a few times a week, or shopping once every couple of weeks are all I can really handle.

Puppylove, could you explain about those cards? What exactly do you have to do? I would love to be able to help with the bills by bringing in even just a bit of money each month. I haven't worked in years.

Take care.

Lindajoy

I'm a writer (my degree is actually in English Literature / writing), and before I got sick, I was the editor of a small town magazine for seniors and wrote for several local magazines and our town's newspaper. I worked 60+ hours a week and loved it. I also had the energy to do it. I miss those days.

Anyway, since I got sick in 2006, I haven't done much of anything but be sick. Lately, I've dug out some children's picture books I'd written years ago, and just stuffed away, and actually sent a letter to a literary agent yesterday to see if she would represent me in trying to get my stories published. I know it's a long shot, but it's something that, if it works out, I can do at home, or even when I'm in the hospital, as long as I have my laptop and can type. Well, it helps to be able to think, too, and some days, that's impossible with how bad my brain fog can get.

Other than this new venture I'm trying, just dusting my house once a week, doing laundry a few times a week, or shopping once every couple of weeks are all I can really handle.

Puppylove, could you explain about those cards? What exactly do you have to do? I would love to be able to help with the bills by bringing in even just a bit of money each month. I haven't worked in years.

Take care.

Lindajoy

i am a writer/editor too! i've been drafting my own post about work in my head all day. i may start another thread because i have some specific issues to discuss.

I am self-employed. My husband and I own a vegetable farm. I can't do any of the physical farming any more, but I do all the administrative work. (Althought I am finding that I need assistance even with that!) I work on my laptop 1) in bed, 2) on the couch, or 3) in a recliner in my office.

I can't offer anything specific, but I feel like there are a lot of jobs you could do from home either on the computer or on the phone. I seem to remember somebody on DINET saying that they scheduled medical appointments from home. Maybe contact a career counselor or your local unemployment office??? Maybe they could suggest jobs you could do from home--lying down!! Your brain works, just not your body :)