Dizzy When Tired?

Lucky for you that you don't experience much dizziness! I notice that when I get dizzy it is accompanied by strong sense of sleepiness. If I take a nap, the dizziness decreases. Actually, I should say WHEN I take a nap, becs when it comes on, there is no stopping it.

Abby, I have dizziness or odd sensations more days than not. So I feel for you!! Mine is worse when I am tired as well. It is also worse with hormonal fluctuations before and during menstration. And I swear at other times for no apparent reason at all!

Being tired makes me dizzy for sure!! Also too high of compression stockings can mess me up just as bad.

I never know! It is weird that I don't get really dizzy outside-just inside of a store, etc. maybe it's part anxiety? Going outside usually solves a lot of my problems-unless I need to eat

My dizziness varies but always increases with being tired. Usually I make it through most of the day without a problem but when I start to get tired it hits me. Naps also are quite rejuvenating for me as well.

Anoj: on the "no stopping it" part, how much of a warning do you get? I try to budget my energy for the day so I don't hit this while I'm out or at work but there's a definite limit. When I reach that limit, I'm exhausted, dizzy, my body feels like it weighs a ton and I'll just faint/collapse right there.

It's hard to say becs I'm not sure I understand your question? I get little warning about the sleepiness. I don't really collapse becs I limit my activity so much. I just lie down in the couch or in a chair & the next thing I know, I'm out. This is MUCH different than pre-dysautonomia tiredness. I can't think or speak well when this happens. It's out of my control.

When I travel I tend to be both dizzy and sleepy-- however, I relate it more to what I'm doing stressing my system, which lowers my BP a bit and THAT makes me both dizzy and sleepy. Sometimes laying down and relaxing is enough to reduce the stress on my system and I will actually feel better after a nap, despite sleep lowering BP more.

• 7 months later...

When over tired, does anyone have dizziness get worse just when you're about to fall asleep?