Childrens Hospital Of Winsconsin Dr.chelimisky

Hey guys. So I went to my cardiologist last week and he really is pushing me to see Dr.Chemimisky at Childrens Hospital of Winsconsin. Has anyone been to her for GI issues? He says he really wants me to go to her because she is a gastrointerologist who speciaizes in GI issues with autonomic dysfunction. It is a very far drive for us so we would have to fly. If anyone has been to her... what was your experience like? Do you have to stay overnight for testing? Also he said something about getting shots in my stomach (botox) i think :unsure: through a endoscopy for my gastroperisis.....has anyone done this?

Thanks. :)

She is worth the trip. I have only seen her at University Hospitals of Cleveland where she used to be employed, but Dr. Chelimsky herself is one of those few doctors who is both very, very knowledgable and very, very kind. She agreed to see me even though I was 30 years old and was always compassionate to me, she works in her tandem with her husband who is a neurologist and they make a great pair. I wouldn't hesitate to go see her.

We used to take my son to see her and her husband when they were in Cleveland. They did all the testing and treating for a year until we found a local doctor. She is WONDERFUL! She is the most compassionate doctor we have seen to date. She told me once that she could relate because she was sick as a child and they couldn't figure it out on her either.

If she were closer to us I would still be taking my son to her. We always got to see her and her husband during our appointments, and they bounce ideas and suggestions off each other. It was a Two-fer.

Christy

We saw her in Cleveland, 5 visits. The letter I received said she was moving from Cleveland to Wisconsin in Mid May, so she is probably there now. Her husband moved last December.

In Cleveland my son had TTT, QSART, Thermoregulartory Sweat Test, MRI, Endoscopy, Capsule Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Antroduodenal(sp?) and gastric emptying test. I may have missed something, but those were the main ones. My son is 'complicated' so they were trying to figure out if his nausea was GI related or neurological.

Here is a link to a youtube video of both Dr Chelimsky's discussing POTS.

Christy

i see her husband at froedert . he is also awesome!what do you currently do for your gastroparisis? I am tired of eating and being in pain from nothing moving

Hi Kayla,

Yes they are both in Milwaukee now, and my 2 daughters are on the waiting list to see both Chelimskys at Childrens Hospital, I guess they do their "joint" appts on Mondays together.

My daughters have been seeing a GI Dr. at Childrens for about 1 1/2 years now. He is very good, but sometimes I feel that becasue they aren't very extreme, like can't eat at all, or throwing up all the time, that he hasn't done further testing with them. He has just had them trying different meds for constipation, pain, etc. I do feel that they have motility issues, so am being very patient and waiting to hear from the GI clinic when they will have an appt. I assume it will be sometime in June or July at the earliest.

If anyone is thinking of traveling far to come to see them, we live 30 minutes from Children's hospital, and I can help you out with any questions you may have.

Christy D....we never got in touch with each other...would still love to talk to you about the Mayo teen pain program. I decided not to have my daughter go to the program--too long, cant take off of work for 3 weeks, etc. Wondering how your son is doing, etc.

Kayla, you can send me a personal message if you would like to "meet" my 15 year old daughter. She is on a website with other teen girls with POTS and has a blog, etc. It always helps to talk to someone who knows what you are going through. She's going through a rough time last few weeks.

Dawn