Nervous About 1St Ttt

Yup, its in a few hours and I'm so worried.

I'm not scared of the test itself, I'm scared of the results. I've had every test I can think of over the years and they always come back fine, I'm so darned nervous that it will show nothing is wrong despite the fact that I have no doubt of what is going on with me and neither does Dr. Thompson.

To top it off I thought I forgot to pack my klonipin for the trip and couldn't sleep all night. Then I wake up this morning and see it.

I had the same fears before my first TTT. Plus, during the test I felt fine, of course. Then, when I was done I made a comment to the tech that I was disappointed because it will probably be another dead end. She replied, 'Oh, you had changes'. And it turned out I got dx'd with orthostatic hypotension that day.

I hope all goes well for you and you get some answers. Good luck!

Aw, Steph, hang in there, it's not that bad. My test takers were funny and made me feel so comfortable. I hope you have the same. For me I passed out the entire trip there. I have never been so sick. My blood pressure was dropping to the 30's and not even showing up on some bp cuffs readings during episodes that would make me violently ill. I didn't pass the poor man's tilt table, the blood pressure checking with supine and standing. The hospitals and doctors saw it, but when I got on the TT, NOTHING. Not a thing. Doc said it just wasn't my trigger. But it did show abnormal on the Qsart test. But I hope you get some answers. TTT don't always show the issue, but for MOST it does. Good luck.

Guest Alex

Hi Steph,

welcome to the forum, and what more can i say than hang in there and hope for the best.

I understand your frustration and fears as I've been there not too long ago, but at least once the test is over and the results interpreted, you will have some answers...one way or another.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Good luck.

Alex

Thank you everyone.

I just want this over. I think I get myself worked up because I have been treated so poorly by doctors in the past. I know that Dr. Thompson is the right doctor and he is getting this test done properly, it's just nerve wracking.

I'm getting rather grouchy right now too because I'm thirsty and can't drink anything. I can deal with not eating but I can't stand to be thirsty.

I'll be leaving soon and maybe I'll have some news to report when I get back.

Thanks again everyone. Its nice to have a place to go where people get it.

The test went well and the two ladies running it said there is no doubt that I have dysautonomia. They commented that my blood pressure was all over the place. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

I see the doctor tomorrow so we'll see what he says.

NMS it is.

I'm starting to get over my excited of having definitive test results and realizing what this all means. I've spent months researching that it never occurred to me that at some point I would have to deal with actually having a chronic condition.

Mostly I'm nervous about my job because I love it but it is high stress at times and I'm always on my feet. I work for the airlines. I'm not protected by FMLA because I don't meet the minimum hours required to be eligible.Oh well, I'll take it as it comes and try to bask in the glory of finally knowing, for sure, what is going on with my body. Also, I'm fantasizing about writing letters to a few doctors and telling them just what I think about them. :D