Facebook Page

LindaJoy

Hi, everyone.

I just wanted to let you know that I have a FaceBook page and would love to have you visit it to see some of the pictures I put on there, mostly of my grandchildren (I'm so proud of myself. Took me hours to learn how to put pics on, and I have a few doubles (even had a triple of one at one point! I'm so not computer savvy)). Just look for Linda Burgess Parsons.

I'm not really all that sure about FaceBook rules. I think you might have to be a "Friend" to see my pictures. If so, don't hesitate to send me a friend request. Like I said, I'm new to this and am just learning my way around, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit. For so long, I've been pretty home bound, so having this avenue to actually talk with people in my community and family is pretty nice. I feel like a part of life again. I'm still hesitant to tell old friends how sick I am. It will come out in bits, I guess. I am thinking of putting something on there about Dysautonomia and Addison's, maybe even mast cell disease. It's a work in progress, I guess.

You all take care and I hope I'm able to share some of my pics with you all. I have a month old grandson and a nearly two year old granddaughter. They're both adorable, but of course Grandma would think that, huh?

Blessings,

Lindajoy

I'll be your friend on Facebook. I'll send you a request!! :) There are also some face book sites that I actually volunteer to help others with Dysautonomia. It says I work there, but I haven't really worked in years, but I am an RN (retired). :rolleyes: Still like DINET the best!! :D

Thanks, you all. Look forward to seeing you on FaceBook. Yes, I've been on the FB Dysautonomia site. Lots of nice people and information, but honestly, DINET is so much easier for me to use, and I know the people there, so....

You all take care and again, I look forward to keeping in touch with you.

Lindajoy

• 3 months later...

Carrie...she gave her full name, and we are on other dysautonomia sites together, too...You can usually figure it out :) Since this is public, I will not share my full name, since I've had a few creepers lately, but my first and middle name are already present, and I live in Alabama. Linda lives in Ohio, along with Montie. Hope this helps!! There is a site for just location for potsies on Facebook, too, so you may be able to find some there, as well!! There is also a site Dysautonomia/Pots Awareness and Support on Facebook which is public, but there is also a private one on FB, too, so if you send a message, you can get on the private one, too...

I tried to be creative with telling people on fb how I'm sick. When I got my dx, I posted "hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but I have POTS, so catch me maybe?" Then I added a youtube video about it, but most people didn't get it. One asked if there was a disease called kettle too.

Sorry, that happened Millerla, but there are private Face Book sites that you can get on, that I also encourage and support others on, that is private, just for us POTsies. If you are interested you can PM me, and I can give you the woman's name that runs the site, and you can PM her to get on the private site. Tell her Kimbell sent you, and she will know who I am...I work on the site, too... :)

• 3 weeks later...