What Does Domperidone Do For You?

I live in Canada and just got prescribed Domperidone.....havent tried it yet as I am not sure what the drug is used for? I have been having serious bloating, pain and just no movement in my GI...is it supposed to help with all this? are there any side effects? My Dr. didn't really say much just prescribed it at the end of my follow up appointment.....

Thanks!

Bren

I agree with Lenna! I was so sick with nausea, bloating and constipaiton until I started taking domperidone 4 times a day and eating a modified gastroparesis diet. After a year of regular use I tapered off, and I now only need it on occasion.

There were no side effects I could tell.

I agree with JennaC. I take Domperidone 4xday (before meals and at bedtime). It helps with nausea, bloating and motility. I have had no side effects from it. It really was the only drug that has helped me. I had tried Reglan and Erthromycin without success. I also like JennaC do a Gastroparesis Diet low fat/fat free Diet and watch fiber due to having Diverticulitis. Good luck.