Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gofl1

Itching/pins And Needles When About To Sweat

Hi everyone, I have had a bizarre problem for the past couple months. Whenever I walk around outside and get to the point that I would usually sweat, I get a pin prick sensation on my arms and torso. When I scratch my arms during these episodes, it leaves red lines. If I were to scratch my arms right now, sitting inside, there are no red marks. The sensations go away if I either go inside and cool down, or continue to heat up further and fully begin to sweat. Claritin has had no effect, and it seems like I do eventually sweat in the areas where the pins and need pain is coming from. Does this sound histamine based, or autonomic function based? I am considering spraying some benadryl cream on my arms and seeing if that helps to determine whether this allergy based. I don't get the sensations at all after taking a hot shower, or getting hot indoors. I also did not notice this over the fall or winter.

Thanks

This happens to me when my skin is dry, which happens all the time... because I have dry skin. So, when I start working out my scalp will itch and skin, but then it gets better in a few minutes. It helps to not itch.

I've had that now for a few years. It is so intense that I literally cannot be in temps over 80F for more than about 5-10 minutes. I quit sweating to heat for some reason, and now that's what happens. When I get warm, my body has a hot flush and that just makes it all so much worse. The itching begins on my back and then travels upward. I have had bad poison ivy a few times in my life, and this is so much worse! It is like there are ants all over me, biting, but not hurting, just itching.

What's strange though, is this only happens when I get hot outside, which is making me lean towards histamine problems. I could get in a sauna and get super hot and not have this terrible pins and needs sensation, but if I walk briskly outside for several minutes, I feel like I am being attacked by fire ants.

Hi, gofl1.

I'm so sorry you're experiencing this, as I know how very miserable it is, and limiting! but I'm glad you posted this here. I started this last year, and I do the exact same thing! I used to be able to sit outside, in the heat, all day long, with no problem. Now, I can't be out for more than a few minutes during a hot day, or it drives me up a wall with all the itching and tingling I start to do, then the weird kind of sweating that comes--it feels funny when I do then start to sweat. And, yes, when I scratch, I'll get scratch marks right away. But, I, too, can take a hot shower and not experience this. I take three antihistamines every day and am on corticosteroids, and I still do this, so I don't know about histamine being the culprit or not, either.

I started Singulair the winter prior to this starting, so I wondered if it, or even the Pepcid or Allegra, was the cause. I also wondered about my elemental formula, as it's filled with artificial sweetener, if that could be causing it.

Last spring was the first time in my life I ever got sun poisoning, too. I got it on my lower legs. I didn't know what it was and was scared. My husband called my doctor's office and described it, and they explained what it was. I had to put ice on my legs several times a day to soothe and heal it.

If you hear what this is, please keep us posted. I'd love to know why I'm doing this now, after 46 years of being a sun flower!

Lindajoy

Well, it was 80 degrees today, humid, and within minutes, I had the uncomfortable feeling, itchy sweating, etc. I am so disappointed. I had to come inside while my husband worked our gardens. I am not looking forward to another summer this way. If anyone knows what this is, please let us know.

Thank you.

Linda