Aldosterone Levels

L4UR3N

I recently asked my doctor to order orthostatic aldosterone levels after giving much thought to my inability to retain water ONLY when I'm standing. Aldosterone is supposed to increase incrementally from lying to sitting and standing, however mine actually went down and was low when standing. I am wondering if anyone else has had these levels ordered in this way, and what they showed?

Also would like to know if anyone has had their BNP (brain natriuretic peptide) levels measured while they are standing? This is another one that I asked for but have yet to complete.

My renin and aldosterone were nearly non-existent with sitting so can't imagine what it would be with standing. Have read something about it though. Will see if I can find the article. It has to do with it being an issue with HyperPOTS - something I read recently.

Don't know about the other test.

Issie

That theory makes good sense to me :).

I'm a firm believer that all lab tests should be drawn after standing for a while, and values that have potential positional changes should be drawn in all 3 positions. It doesnt make any sense to draw labs when sitting down since our symptoms only occur while were standing.