Angiotensin Ii Receptors Trigger Insulin Resistance Later In Life

So maybe, that explains why some of us get high bp's and diabetes in later life. I have the high bp's and have been told I'm insulin resistant - but, don't have diabetes. I think that working on inflammation might help to prevent this from happening - since what the angiotension does is trigger inflammation. Back again to thinking a whole lot of things are due to inflammation and if we could get that down in our bodies things may be a whole lot better.

Issie

Thanks for the post Rama,

Interesting " These findings suggest that Ang II receptor activation in youth triggers the upregulation of inflammatory cytokines and the production of reactive oxygen species, thereby inducing later insulin resistance and hypertension. " And a free radical scavanger blocked it. This goes back to some of the stuff in that long article about oxidative stress. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3022475/

I have the abnormal EEG showing continous epileptiform discharges in the temporal lobe, the POTS and the adult onset diabetes. Take Propranalol for that matter in large dose for 20 years, Annaliese.

Still wonder if there is some possibility that repeated viral infections as a child would have a "kindling" effect that would set you up for what many of us have experienced where a relatively minor illness triggered our POTS etc. Maybe that's why some of us have had symptoms since childhood but didn't have a major set of symptoms until later in life.

Chaos, I think that is a strong possiblity because my first rememberance of POTS symptoms was when I was 8 years old after some sort of illness landed me in the hospital for over 3 weeks and I couldn't walk without assistance or even raise my head up off the pillow. It was never determined what it was. But, it was after a polio vaccine. What's so odd is my sister and another friend of mine - all of us got this at the same time and all of us had this vaccine from the same doctor at the same time. So, go figure. We all have autonoimic dysfunction of one sort or another.

Lots of antioxidants like Vit. C, Quercetin and things for inflammation - would probably help us all. I know that GTF chromium has kept my insulin resistance in check and my blood sugars stay pretty level as long as I take at least one a day. My doctor gave me this tip and it has worked for over 20 years. Diabetes runs in both sides of my family and I don't have it - but, was well on my way in my 20's - and it wasn't related to diet - either - but, genetics.

Issie