New Stomach Doctor

Hey Guys. So my pediatrician finally referred me to a new peds stomach doctor. So I went today to our local childrens hopsital, Levine Childrens Hospital and saw the stomach doctor there. First of all the doctor was much much nicer then any other ive been too! I wouldn't say she was very thorough but she did spend a lot of time with me. I am going on 2 new medications called erythromycin 250mg and senna as needed.... Has anyone been on erythromycin before? She basically said that I have delayed gastric emptying. Secondly she ordered labs.. and this is where the fun begins :( They said they nurses could acess my port there, but they were so not experienced to do that. Two nurses came in , I had to take off my shirt (which made me feel uncomfortable) sorry if this is to TMI i just need to vent for a second :unsure: and then I had no numbing cream. When they put the needle in I screamed because it hut so bad and then all of a sudden the nurse says (there is not blood coming out) and then other nuse says oh well then you put it in wrong. So after about what seemed like 10 minutes of torture , they took it out. So they went and took blood from my arm :wacko: ... By the time everything was over I felt so sick! ugh it was the worst thing.

I just thoguht id let everyone know how it went and the horrible experience I had with blood draw labs today. I just needed to vent for a second sorry guys hope you understand.... ^_^

Sorry, Kayla for your horrible experience, but I hope the GI treatment helps you...I'll say a prayer it does, so you can start eating better. -_-

Boy, that sounds horrible! It shouldn't have to be that bad. BTW, my daughter with POTS is named Kayla too! She has major stomach issues but her gastric emptying study was normal. We still haven't found something that helps her yet. I hear erithromycin is the go-to drug for delayed emptying. Hope it helps!

thanks everyone :)

kjmom- haha reallly , that is cool :) yea my doctor said she wasn't going to the the gastric emptying scan becaus she said results very like you could take the test 3 times and most likely would get 3 different results so she is going to treat it as gastroperisis and if the meds work then that is what it was. Which I like cuz i hate tests they always turn out negative for me unless it is autnomic nervous system testing. Hope all is well!